Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   May Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes April 30th 4pm CDT (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/may-secret-pal-swap-signup-closes-april-30th-4pm-cdt-t219913.html)

createfourpaws 05-25-2013 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by ssnare (Post 6084940)
Well, the mailman came and no package today. I am still on the bench. The part that makes me upset is that I mail my packages within a few days after I receive names. And I always mail before the 15th. I have been on the bench many times and it is not fun.

That stinks that you are still on the bench and everyone else that is with you on the bench. If you sign up we all need to follow the rules that are laid out. I wonder if those that are late are always late. I have only been involved for a few months, and and thinking about not joining again due to the on going problems of packages being delivered on time.

I know at times life gets in the way, but you still have a responsibility to at least let the hostess of the swap know what is going on.

reeskylr 05-25-2013 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by ssnare (Post 6084940)
Well, the mailman came and no package today. I am still on the bench. The part that makes me upset is that I mail my packages within a few days after I receive names. And I always mail before the 15th. I have been on the bench many times and it is not fun.

I'm sorry ssnare. This is so unfair to folks wanting to enjoy this swap. :(

Lori Peercy 05-25-2013 08:01 PM

June signup is posted

LindaR 05-26-2013 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy (Post 6085393)
June signup is posted

oh good, on to June, have handmade item all made LOL

lauriejo 05-26-2013 07:15 AM

Cindy I hope you won't let a few bad apples keep you from playing along. The majority of the packages are really shipped on time. I have received packages that arrived a little late (either after touring the country or being shipped late), and I have had a partner disappear and received an angel package but mostly it works out fine.

createfourpaws 05-26-2013 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by lauriejo (Post 6085988)
Cindy I hope you won't let a few bad apples keep you from playing along. The majority of the packages are really shipped on time. I have received packages that arrived a little late (either after touring the country or being shipped late), and I have had a partner disappear and received an angel package but mostly it works out fine.

I have already signed up for June. I am not ready to call it quits just yet.

lawsonmugs 05-26-2013 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws (Post 6086032)
I have already signed up for June. I am not ready to call it quits just yet.

Good for you. We need to keep the ones that play fair. It's really not hard to follow a few simple rules. I just don't understand it.To me it's just as up setting not to know when my partner recieved their swap as it is to not get a swap myself.Maybe more. I gotta say this is a very fun swap. Thanks to Miss Lori and all the ones that play fair. Everyone have a good week. Mary

Knitette 05-26-2013 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs (Post 6086055)
To me it's just as up setting not to know when my partner recieved their swap as it is to not get a swap myself.Maybe more.

Couldn't agree more. As you know I can't track my parcels, but so far everything I've sent has arrived safely apart from the February partner. She disappeared not only from the swap, but from the board too! I emailed her but never got a reply....... A mystery indeed.

annt59 05-26-2013 09:11 AM

No package came for me this month. I wonder if one has been mailed.

reeskylr 05-26-2013 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by annt59 (Post 6086217)
No package came for me this month. I wonder if one has been mailed.

send a PM to Lori and see what is up. :)