Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   May Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes April 30th 4pm CDT (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/may-secret-pal-swap-signup-closes-april-30th-4pm-cdt-t219913.html)

Crafty Darlene 05-23-2013 06:07 PM

Hope you have a Happy & Blessed Birthday Nancy!!

Krystyna Thank you for helping to keep us all laughing! I could eat some of that cake just like her, I've been on a diet since Monday a week ago and that sure looks tempting!

Grandma Peg 05-23-2013 06:55 PM

Happy birthday Nancy. Krystyna you are a hoot!

catjo 05-23-2013 08:38 PM

Happy Birthday Nancy! Cake looks yummy. We can eat it while on the bench, drink our ice tea. Plus we have cushions. I hate getting to comfy here, but I am still a bench warmer. (thought that was only in baseball), anyway postman came again nothing there but lousy bills. I am keeping my chin up and hopeful.

quiltingdragon 05-24-2013 05:14 AM

I guess I will join the ladies on the bench this evening as i'm actually off work! What should I bring :) Or maybe for the first time in a week i'll spend some quality time with my sewing machine...

Krystyna 05-24-2013 05:21 AM

Catjo, I've paid all your bills so you can toss them out. :D

Quiltingdragon, grab an extension cord and bring your machine to the bench. The rest of us will keep you company while you stitch. Oh and some bug spray would be good, too.

Is anyone else having an unusual high pollen season? Maybe it's just because we lived by the sea with hardly any trees and a constant breeze, but living in the apartment I am horrified at all the pollen. The streets and cars are florescent green. And even my TV table which is next to the window -- yikes -- I thought it was dust -- and a lot of it until I noticed it was green!

lauriejo 05-24-2013 05:25 AM

It has been a very high pollen season here, only it is yellow. Part of the problem was long stretches with no rain to wash it away.

Krystyna 05-24-2013 05:54 AM

Lauriejo, it rained here and now it looks like someone was painting something and rinsed out their pans into the street. Weird streaks of yellow-green everywhere!

lauriejo 05-24-2013 06:18 AM

It feels like it's about to snow here! Actually we got a torrential rain yesterday, so now my car is red again. Thank goodness pollen season only lasts a few weeks.

wanda lou 05-24-2013 06:34 AM

Oh yes pollen is so bad, even my poor dog is on allergy meds... no fun at all. Hopefully it will be over soon.

I received a PM from my Secret Pal, Yippie!!!! she has my package ready to mail.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, I plan on finishing some boom blocks and working on a quilt.

Quilty-Louise 05-24-2013 06:39 AM

I know how you all feel about the pollen.

I have only been dealing with seasonal allergies for a couple years now,
but shesh I have been averaging about 2 box of tissue a week for about
2 -3 weeks now. At this point all I can say is THANK GOODNESS for the
Puffs Plus Lotion.