Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   May Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes April 30th 4pm CDT (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/may-secret-pal-swap-signup-closes-april-30th-4pm-cdt-t219913.html)

Nancy in Louisiana 05-24-2013 07:01 AM

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes -- they certainly made my day brighter!

As for pollen in the south ... the dogs and I share the same prescription for prednisone.

luvstoquilt 05-24-2013 07:30 AM

Pollen count is up here, too. My cat even has red eyes...Krystyna I couldn't stop laughing but that cake really did look delicious! My skinny family doesn't eat desert so I no longer bake unless I am having company. Woe is me! How I would love a big slice of coconut cake!!!

quiltingdragon 05-24-2013 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 6082334)
Catjo, I've paid all your bills so you can toss them out. :D

Quiltingdragon, grab an extension cord and bring your machine to the bench. The rest of us will keep you company while you stitch. Oh and some bug spray would be good, too.

Is anyone else having an unusual high pollen season? Maybe it's just because we lived by the sea with hardly any trees and a constant breeze, but living in the apartment I am horrified at all the pollen. The streets and cars are florescent green. And even my TV table which is next to the window -- yikes -- I thought it was dust -- and a lot of it until I noticed it was green!

Pollen's horrible. I can borrow dad's long extension cord...my backup machine should be here in two weeks. I have a basic bernina with 11 stitches, and the ladies in the guild have been on me to get a backup machine that has a few pretty stitches - at the mother's day sale on Amazon for cheap. It's a brother project runway edition! I'll be able to do machine applique again as i'll have a stitch other than plain zigzag! And it came with the wide table. I'll dig out bug spray.

Ladybug 1938 05-24-2013 01:18 PM

Here in our part of Florida ( panhandle) we have had high pollen since January Oaks started then and we got a frost, stunned them for a few weeks and it started all over again. We are still getting lots of weeds and Flowers and pollen from the grass and all types of foliage. Lori when are you putting up the new SP for June??? and Friends please don't sign up for it if you aren't committed to following the rules and have plans of getting your package out BY the deadline. We are watching you... We may not have Quilt police but we do have SP police... I am not trying to be nasty just stating the facts and hope everyone will abide by the rules at the next session.... GOD BLESS

ssnare 05-24-2013 02:04 PM

Well, the mailman came and left. No package today. Boo hoo!

Nancy in Louisiana 05-24-2013 04:24 PM

Got a pkg -- Ya-hoo!!! Will post pix when I get home next week or so.

catjo 05-24-2013 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 6082334)
Catjo, I've paid all your bills so you can toss them out. :D

Quiltingdragon, grab an extension cord and bring your machine to the bench. The rest of us will keep you company while you stitch. Oh and some bug spray would be good, too.

Is anyone else having an unusual high pollen season? Maybe it's just because we lived by the sea with hardly any trees and a constant breeze, but living in the apartment I am horrified at all the pollen. The streets and cars are florescent green. And even my TV table which is next to the window -- yikes -- I thought it was dust -- and a lot of it until I noticed it was green!

Thanks Krystyna it is great to be rid of those so quickly. lol

LindaR 05-25-2013 04:44 AM

for the first time in my life I found out pine trees have pollen??? yellow clouds blowing across the field, enough to actually see the stuff. I thought the barn was on fire but it was clouds of pollen blowing...weird...we can always be surprised can't we????

quiltnut4ever 05-25-2013 06:41 AM

Morning all. I hope that those that are on the bench will receive their pkgs today. It is unfair to not receive something from someone who signed up with intentions of following through. I understand that there are circumstances that impede...that's when one needs to notify Lori ASAP. I've been on the bench a few times and the SP Angels come through but it isn't fair to those who do participate and follow through the rules only to be waiting and waiting. SO if anyone will be signing up for the June SP PLEASE follow the rules. I may not be joining next months due to medical issues that have arised for myself but I can only hope and pray that those who do join follow through. I know many here have made the point to follow the rules and I thank you so much! LORI YOU'RE DOING A GREAT JOB!

ssnare 05-25-2013 02:25 PM

Well, the mailman came and no package today. I am still on the bench. The part that makes me upset is that I mail my packages within a few days after I receive names. And I always mail before the 15th. I have been on the bench many times and it is not fun.