Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

Nancy in Louisiana 12-09-2010 06:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Jetnica agreed to do an extra swap with me this month, but I'm a bit behind. Fear not, Jetnica, it's in pieces by my machine now so it won't be much longer. I love this block -- she called it "traditional log cabin with a twist". It will really look great with my others. Thanks so much.

roda 12-09-2010 08:47 PM

hoping Angies comes soon I know how exciting it is to want that first one. Last month was my first swap but still waiting on my block

jacquie 12-09-2010 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy
Jacquie- I love your block, if you don't mind, how did you do it?

goodness, where do you start!?! lol
children's colouring books are great for these kinds of things.
the sky was one piece with bits added on top here and there to break up the sky and add light coming from where the sun would be, then add the lines on the waves, with small bits at the top and bottom for foam splash.
the sun was made of layered triangles, then placed and sewn on with a spiral of stitches. then the arrowed rays added.
some was satin stitched, some 1.6 straight stitched close to the raw edges.
then some embroidered machine stitching added along the waves.
batik fabric as great though, kind of gives it a watercolour look :)
love jacquie xxxx

paintmejudy 12-10-2010 07:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh my goodness, Aabonda, you have outdone yourself once again. You just continue to amaze me with your beautiful blocks.

The block she sent me last month was posted, and when she saw the block she said she hated it and was going to make me another. The purple batik is it's replacement, and isn't is beautiful? I love love love it! (Now, in her defence, that block was NOT ugly! - her words, not mine!)

The block that looks like a pinwheel (don't know it's name) is my December block, and love it just as much. Don't know which I like best.

Andrea, thank you so much, and your December block will be on it's way today or tomorrow.

Sloan Quinn 12-10-2010 07:53 AM

wow, those are very nice!

dotcomdtcm 12-10-2010 07:54 AM

My block from Paint meJudy arrived yesterday, so yours will be there soon!

goldendog55 12-10-2010 08:59 AM

Dannypanny- Your blocks are going out today! With the mail right now, I hope you receive it in Dec.!

paintmejudy 12-10-2010 09:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Two more wonderful blocks from extra December swaps. Thanks so much to lisalisa and dotcomdtcom - both are beautiful, and are sooooo pretty.

Dotty also sent me a hot pan holder, isn't that sweet? I always need those! Thank you.

Momma_K 12-10-2010 09:54 AM

Those are soooo nice! I'mnot a part of this swap but been following it for a couple of weeks now and just love everything thats been posted in pictures. We've got some mighty fine talent going on here! And I'm proud to be a part of the Board!

dotcomdtcm 12-10-2010 09:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the extra block I received from Paintmejudy! I know my quilt is going to be great!

Bright & cheerful House theme block!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]140971[/ATTACH]