Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

PokerDiva 05-05-2011 03:10 PM

For a first timer that is awsome!!! Looks like you have been doing it all the time!!! :thumbup: :lol: :lol:

Originally Posted by cnolan
This may or may not be related to this topic, but I have GOT to share something.......

..... drum-roll please........

........... I am finally a Paper Piecer!!!! :D

QuilterMomma 05-05-2011 03:11 PM

AWESOME!!!!!! You did good. Did you like how everything matched up real easy like?

This may or may not be related to this topic, but I have GOT to share something.......

paintmejudy 05-05-2011 03:11 PM

Whoo hoo A big hand for Christie!!!

And she used my favorite PP star!

cnolan 05-05-2011 03:19 PM

Thanks for the kind comments, all!! I am frustrated that I did not check the size of my template once I printed and before I sewed, because it actually turned out 12" rather than 12 1/2" (even though I was leaving extra, thanks to a tip from a friend!). I have now fixed my template and printed off more, making SURE that my darn printer did not reduce it.

Here come more stars! :lol:

Judy, thanks again for all your help and support! That is now MY favorite star, too! :thumbup:

p.s.
I have to confess there is another reason I can't use this block in a swap.... I got a little impatient with the paper removal and tore the fabric along one seam. :oops: It is a tiny little tear, but really steams my seams! :x I may someday use it in a quilted bag or something.... where I can zig-zag over that little section without it being visible. I will have to be MUCH more careful / patient in the future!

cnolan 05-05-2011 03:27 PM

[quote=QuilterMomma]AWESOME!!!!!! You did good. Did you like how everything matched up real easy like?

Of course!!! :lol:

dotcomdtcm 05-05-2011 03:32 PM

Take a bow!!

cnolan 05-05-2011 03:55 PM

Thanks, Dotty, but no bowing until I actually have at least ONE I can swap! :lol: (I hope to be taking that bow within the next hour or two. 8-) )

sapdoggie 05-05-2011 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
Sapdoggie sent me 4 star blocks which fill in the Sunshine quilt beautifully! I'm going to add some pinwheels.

Glad you liked the blocks. They made me smile ;-) ;-) ;-)

sapdoggie 05-05-2011 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Renee110
Here is the great block I received from sapdoggie. Thank you!

Glad the block came safely. Purple is one of my favorite colors.

daylily4u 05-05-2011 05:24 PM

HI Corry, just wanted to let you know that your package was delivered on the day my husband took me to the hospital. May 3rd. I want to appoligize that I am late on your block by one month, but I finally got it sent out. Please let me know when you get your package. MY back surgery went well, I had a fussion done and I should be able to join in on my swap again in about 6 months. (DR's orders) This has been such fun and I cant wait to get back into it.You have a special gift inside along with your block. Blessings Barb Day