Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MUG RUG #2 - Closed/Full (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/mug-rug-2-closed-full-t218898.html)

nancia 05-07-2013 08:54 PM

vanginny , you are right ! that is lovely. i have been to sault ste. marie many years ago, and it is a wonderful place, bringing back memories of a stellar trip across southern canada ( as far north as Banff and Calgary) and northern usa. a lifetime ago! canada is a beautiful country! and that is a beautiful mug rug. not surprised it is full of meaning! texans are also wonderful people !

JuneBillie 05-07-2013 09:08 PM

Vanginney that is a pretty mug rug with a nice story to it.

Elisabrat 05-08-2013 05:39 AM

HEY I thought that Nelco posted her in the forum it was MAY not June mailing deadline am I missing something? I think you had better get sewing ladies. go back a few pages she did say mailing date was May and a lot of us said wow we thought it was later but its not so Nelco clarify that for the mailers please.

I think those were very cute mug rugs. the first posted! I heard mine is in the mail so I will be peaking at my post office often for their arrival from WeeFi!!

colleenzchaos 05-08-2013 06:07 AM

I am on the same train as Elisabrat....... are they supposed to be shipped by May 15 or June 7th?

Nelco 05-08-2013 07:53 AM

Sorry for the confusion. Since the sign up went so fast and closed early, I figured I would change the mailing date. But if you are on the June date - keep it. I am very flexible.

Please DO NOT stress about the mailing date.

I like to say ‘Life is to short to stuff cherry tomatoes’

MaryMazz 05-08-2013 01:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I feel like it is a holiday for me today. I arrived home from work to a good size package with many treats inside. The most spectacular is the paper pieced mug rug made with perfect points, beautiful colors and this will definitely be the talk of my school tomorrow when it is placed on my desk for all to see. Thank you, Mizmelly, you outdid yourself.

Elisabrat 05-08-2013 02:13 PM

oh how lovely! I am so proud of me! I found I had not mailed my package it was in a good spot (my dialysis bag) but today it is flying home to NZ. I am sorry it does not include all those goodies but postal costs sorta prohibit that. I cant wait for her to receive it!

Linda

nancia 05-08-2013 02:17 PM

i feel really bad that i can't always add extras. the love is there even if the goodies are not!

JuneBillie 05-08-2013 11:33 PM

More nice mug rugs and goodies. I sent mine out today to judee. I also wish I could always send out goodies, but finances are tighter now. I love sending extra goodies. I am just happy that I got my mug rugs sent out earlier by the updated time given. Very nice swap.

Thanks Nelco

DustysMomma 05-09-2013 03:59 AM

I wish that I could always send goodies too. My reasons are a bit different though. For me, it's having the time and energy to go to the store usually (I work full time and have 2 side jobs too, plus I suffer from depression). I asked Dusty to pick up a mug and a box to go with this swap. He comes home with a postal box that is 14"x12"x3-1/2", and he didn't get a mug! So, I got a box from work and made a run to Wally World (Walmart) at lunch to get one. I didn't find what I wanted to match this project, but I found one I loved, so I got it anyway. For anyone who is keeping notes, all our dishes are that Asian inspired square red & black motif, so if anyone wants to send me a red & black mug, it'll be used lots! I have to kinda hide the others for "we're out of clean cups" emergencies because it doesn't match in the cabinet, so the resident engineer goes all wonky on me. :D