Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Mug Rug Block Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/mug-rug-block-swap-t222266.html)

abdconsultant 06-04-2013 03:54 AM

wake up everybody, tell me whats going on....your ideas, progress, pictures of the past, etc

jaba 06-04-2013 05:49 AM

Forgot about the update, sorry. I have mine sewn and need to hand sew the binding, then they will be done. Shortly I will just be waiting for my partner's name and status will be ready to mail.

RedGarnet222 06-04-2013 09:15 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I finished a mug rug, but, then I needed a quick gift for a board member that shared the stars and stripes pattern with me. I am so bad! I will work on another one today. I even forgot to take a picture of that one, dang it.

But, here is a picture of some I made last year.... The first ones were hubbies because he loved to first ones I made for his brother. (which is the second picture)

Dedemac 06-04-2013 03:27 PM

I finished my main block and now working on the border and trying to decide on backing and binding. I have been enjoying the whole process. My DH keeps shaking his head at what I am doing. He confused about what a mug rug is. I should be done this weekend since the weather hear is wet rainy and gray all week, can't do much work out side.

QuilterMomma 06-04-2013 03:56 PM

I have misplaced my photos of the ones I did last year. I made a sunflower one, that was my favorite for Tammoo who loves them. Alas, no photo. maybe she is around and can upload it.
I am still milling ideas right now. Have another obligation that has overtaken my design wall so can't quite get to this. Oh my goodness, it just occured to me. I can make two of the one block I am making. hey there it is. I know what I am going to do. Yep, one mug rug in the works just from me typing up this note. A little teapot and cup on a mat with sugar cubes and saucer. Sounds like a winner.

abdconsultant 06-04-2013 07:07 PM

Red, love the rugs. great manly look!

RedGarnet222 06-04-2013 08:38 PM

Thanks so much abconsultant. I will make some really nice ones to share.

abdconsultant 06-05-2013 06:12 AM

Here is Quiz #2 Good luck everyone!

· Quilts with blocks set __ ___ have triangular openings around their outer edges where each diagonal row of blocks ends.

· The selvage edge of fabric is ___________ to the fold.

· Hand or machine sewing is generally _______ stitches per inch.

· When pressing seams which is stronger; pressing the seam open ____, or to one side____.

· Fabric identification can be determined by a _____________test.
· A Quilters knot is a technique for _________________sewing.

PM me with your answers I will post the winner and answers this Friday 7th.

RedGarnet222 06-05-2013 05:28 PM

I sent off my questionnaire to you abconsultant!

JuneBillie 06-05-2013 09:26 PM

abconsultant your avatar mug rug is a real work of art.