Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilting Board's First Scrap Club (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilting-boards-first-scrap-club-t207686.html)

Rhonda 12-15-2013 09:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
December is a busy month for most. I see it got somewhat quiet in here. I am sure alot of you are scurrying around getting presents done.

I'll be looking forward to more scrappy pics of all the things you are working on ladies and gents!!

Here are a couple of hotpads I just finished.
The quilt block is 6" finished and the hotpad w/ borders is 8" finished.
These use my shortcut methods. Star Point Blocks in the first one and my version of Kansas Dugouts in the second one.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]451996[/ATTACH]....[ATTACH=CONFIG]451997[/ATTACH]

JNCT14 12-16-2013 02:06 AM

Ooooh pretty! I am doing a cpuple of mug rugs and getting my Urban Windows quilt ready for layering. Btw I started a thread on modern quilting and I think I hit a nerve - there are a LOT of replies.

oksewglad 12-16-2013 06:56 AM

Don't think you hit a nerve--just sparked some good discussion.

Nice hotpads, Rhonda. GD #1 & 3 helped me make pot holders Saturday made from scraps, but bigger ones as they were the kind that you start with 6 large squares, fold 4 in half and lay the folded ones so that you don't have to leave a turning hole. Made great teacher gifts and since there are 5 teachers involved they made for themselves and the other kids.

Janice McC 12-17-2013 03:24 AM

Rhonda, the hot pads are lovely. I'd hate to use them and risk soiling them! They're probably too small (and finicky) for me but I so enjoy looking at them. TFS.

rwquilts 12-17-2013 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 6459105)

Nice hotpads, Rhonda. GD #1 & 3 helped me make pot holders Saturday made from scraps, but bigger ones as they were the kind that you start with 6 large squares, fold 4 in half and lay the folded ones so that you don't have to leave a turning hole. Made great teacher gifts and since there are 5 teachers involved they made for themselves and the other kids.

I've not made hotpads that way, but have done tons of coaster sets...very cute idea! I'll have to give it a try.

Rhonda, your hotpads are adorable! I love them!!!

oksewglad 12-17-2013 07:46 AM

Ronda--I cut 8" squares and let the girls use 1/2" seams. A piece of cotton batting for filler and you are all set. May cut up so old towels and use that for filler the next time out. Girls loved the project and can share a hand made gift with their teachers.

postal packin' mama 12-17-2013 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 6459105)

How does that method work??? I'd love to learn it. (Maybe I'm the only one who's never heard of it!) Thanks in advance for any instructions anyone has time to post. I love using scraps.

oksewglad 12-17-2013 02:55 PM

Try this link ppmama

http://acreativeprincess.blogspot.co...r-coaster.html

postal packin' mama 12-17-2013 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 6461412)

Wow - that was quick and exactly the tutorial too! Thank you so much! Great people on this board.

Lynnie25 12-19-2013 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts (Post 6435643)
Lynnie it is definitely a quilt that has to go on my to do list. I own so many scraps and I really like the look and feel of this one. Like wanabquilter, I see a book case. It looks both like a fun and modern quilt. Any idea on how you plan to quilt it?

Anna, it is to go on the opposite side of the panel that will display some of my quilts at my show. I am just going to add a sheet as a back for that. Afterwards I think I will unpick so there are two halves and then quilt them as separate quilts. As I am not any good at free motion quilting and exquisite quilting designs :) it will probably be stitiched in or close by the ditch every so often to hold it together. But I will be sure and post a pic of it quilted sometime next year LOL