Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilting Board's First Scrap Club (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilting-boards-first-scrap-club-t207686.html)

Evie 05-26-2016 08:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
oksewglad, I wish I had seen the pattern you're making before I started mine! I love Aunt Jen's pattern and have put it on my long "to do" list. :D But, mine is all finished 1" postage stamps. It's one of those "what was I thinking" projects (which definitely can't be blamed on youth!). Here's a picture of the top corner blocks:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]550892[/ATTACH]

lynnie 05-26-2016 09:52 AM

evie, I LOVE it!!!! love purples and pinks together. yours is amazing so far.

Blue Bell 05-26-2016 12:51 PM

OK, that is an awesome quilt. I have lots of squares cut, so I may have to do this one.

Blue Bell 05-26-2016 12:52 PM

Evie, Your quilt is very nice. Like how you are putting your squares together, color wise.

QuilterMomma 05-26-2016 02:16 PM

4 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]550906[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]550907[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]550908[/ATTACH]These are all from scraps.

oksewglad 05-26-2016 09:55 PM

Nice...QuilterMomma..

Evie..Will this be a rainbow type quilt? Like what you have so far...wish I could color coordinate like you have...I know what you mean by long term project:D....sometimes it overwhelms me and I put it away for another day...because mine will not be pretty...aka "have character"...it's kinda hard to love.

tkhooper 05-27-2016 03:46 AM

That is so cool Oksewglad. I love that pattern. I'll have to bookmark it so I can consider it for the future.

Evie 05-27-2016 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 7560497)

Evie..Will this be a rainbow type quilt? Like what you have so far...wish I could color coordinate like you have...I know what you mean by long term project:D....sometimes it overwhelms me and I put it away for another day...because mine will not be pretty...aka "have character"...it's kinda hard to love.

ok, yes it will be a rainbow type of quilt. I'm now down in the orange-y rows. I've been working on it for over a year and figure it'll be another year before it's done! I'm sure your quilt will be lovely, as most quilts are when they're finally done, especially if you're doing the Aunt Jen layout. Can we see what you've got so far?

oksewglad 05-27-2016 08:11 PM

Will need to take pictures of the 2 blocks I have done I've been working on strip segments...Like I need 128 sets of 4 squares to pair with the chain pieces...just 31 of a 12 square segment, etc. Instead of cutting each square I'm piecing short strips together to make doubles, triples and quads. The constant is a cream center with navy and yellow with navy connecting chains. May work on it this weekend as DS is going to spend time with friends, but the DGD will be here to work on her quilt as well. Ah family......

buddy'smom 05-28-2016 04:12 AM

Oh Evie, I just love your quilt, stunning colors.

Originally Posted by Evie (Post 7559990)
oksewglad, I wish I had seen the pattern you're making before I started mine! I love Aunt Jen's pattern and have put it on my long "to do" list. :D But, mine is all finished 1" postage stamps. It's one of those "what was I thinking" projects (which definitely can't be blamed on youth!). Here's a picture of the top corner blocks:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]550892[/ATTACH]