Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilting Board's First Scrap Club (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilting-boards-first-scrap-club-t207686.html)

Rhonda 01-31-2013 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by ScrapQuilter (Post 5828222)
Look what I did yesterday..... scraps scraps and more scraps. Thought I was doing good using them up but when I looked in the bin.... they were breading while I was sewing...... lol guess I will have to work harder and faster on those darn scraps.

wonderful start on a quilt! I always love the look of the string blocks

Rhonda 01-31-2013 03:07 PM

some wonderfully colorful quilts Vicki!! Love all of them! I am sure they will be well loved.

ssnare 01-31-2013 03:35 PM

How big is the scrappy quilt block supposed to be for the scrappy block exchange?

Rhonda 01-31-2013 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by ssnare (Post 5828329)
How big is the scrappy quilt block supposed to be for the scrappy block exchange?

I didn't set a size but I imagine everyone is doing 12 1/2"
I guess I just kind of assume that is what everyone wants.

lynnie 01-31-2013 04:02 PM

Rhonda, does the block have to be a design or can it be all scrappy, like strips all over the place???
Does that make sense, ive been lurking around this thread since you started it, so i guss i better join in with you all

rwquilts 01-31-2013 04:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Oh oh oh...more pretties! You just can't enough scrappy in my opinion! :)

Here is my latest controlled scrap quilt finished. It's for my granddaughter...doesn't even look like my stash was touched. :( But I did use a couple of new fabrics amongst my scraps. It's backed with a lavender flannel so she can snuggle with it. Purple is her favorite color right now.

Rhonda 01-31-2013 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 5828398)
Rhonda, does the block have to be a design or can it be all scrappy, like strips all over the place???
Does that make sense, ive been lurking around this thread since you started it, so i guss i better join in with you all

Your quilt block can be anything you like as long as it uses scraps.

oksewglad 01-31-2013 04:44 PM

Yes but ScrapQuilter it looks like you've got a good start.
RWQ--this looks like a quilt from your palette--love the crisp bright colors and your GD will too.

Foxflower 01-31-2013 06:11 PM

RW, that's a great quilt. I like strings quilts to and want to make one eventually.

Elisabrat 01-31-2013 08:05 PM

I wonder what qualifies as scrappy scraps? lol I figure less than a f8th but I am sure its up to interpretation. for me.. aside from the f8less than its also like fabric after I make a quilt and its the left overs.. some are bigger some are big old 5 inch wide strips but 8 feet of them.. is that too big to be a ..scrap? no you dont have to answer it was one of those ponder moments lol.

ok and someone here just posted I have a tub full just like average. does everyone have a tub full? you guys are putting a whole lot of ponderous thoughts in my mind and well I really dont have a tub full. guess I could pull it off the shelf and fill an easter basket with them. I wonder has anyone made a scrappy valentine yet? getting time. or maybe a post card? scraps would be grand on those. I havent tried post cards yet.