Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilts-quilters-swap-open-til-15-dec-2011-a-t159331.html)

Terryl 10-19-2011 08:39 AM

Getting all my answers written out now, to PM you this afternoon anything I answer incorrectly please let me know

watterstide 10-19-2011 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Terryl
I think I'd like to do this but my experience is limited, I am mostly a scrappy/ piecer in my quilting, I do have an embroidery machine so I could do an embroidered quilt if anyone wanted, I would also like to experience something other than what I would normally do for myself, but I REALLY dislike civil war/1930's repos and pastels. So have I disqualified myself from this swap?

Me TOO, i would have you as a swap partner...! i love scrappy!

for myself, EMB, not so much.just plain old scrappy is the best!

Sandynorm 10-19-2011 06:36 PM

I want in, have sent a PM...
Sounds like more fun.

marcialee 10-21-2011 04:33 PM

I am also interested. I will send a pm on the questions soon.

madamekelly 10-22-2011 10:24 PM

I think I'd like to do this but my experience is limited, I am mostly a scrappy/ piecer in my quilting, I do have an embroidery machine so I could do an embroidered quilt if anyone wanted, I would also like to experience something other than what I would normally do for myself, but I REALLY dislike civil war/1930's repos and pastels. So have I disqualified myself from this swap?

I would love to have one from you too. Not all of us are as talented as some on this board. That is not the point of this. We are making quilts for each other, not the quilt police. In fact, quilt police are not invited to our swaps. :thumbup:

watterstide 10-23-2011 02:52 AM

i am itching to get started on one! :lol:

Terryl 10-23-2011 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by watterstide

Me too, it's hard to wait to see who I'm going to be paired with I want to start mine NOW :mrgreen: :roll: :lol: :mrgreen:

Jennifer22206 10-23-2011 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by watterstide

Me too, it's hard to wait to see who I'm going to be paired with I want to start mine NOW :mrgreen: :roll: :lol: :mrgreen:

I know.. I keep waiting, and thinking "is it December yet??" But on the 15th, it's my DD's 3rd birthday!!

jillaine 10-23-2011 06:49 AM

Here's the deal: I set the 12/15 deadline because so many people who initially expressed interest said that they would not be able to start until after the holidays.

THAT SAID, a number of you would like to start NOW. PatriceJ tells me that I can start matching/pairing you as soon as I want. And frankly, I've already started the work of finding what I hope will be compatible swap partners.

SO... if you want to get started NOW, let me know via PM (please do not post your answer here) and I'll communicate the partner choices. JUST KNOW that if you want to start right away, the person I partner you with may not be able to start until after the holidays.

But there's no reason why some who want to start now can't.

I look forward to your PMs...

-- Jillaine

jillaine 10-23-2011 07:10 AM

By the way, we currently have 25 participants; goal is always an even #, so please encourage your board friends to participate.