Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Rhonda's 4th Wall Hanging Swap - July - 0ct 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/rhondas-4th-wall-hanging-swap-july-0ct-2013-a-t224434.html)

JNCT14 08-06-2013 03:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Dusty'sMomma that is super cute - it falls under the category of 'Things that Make You Go AWWWW'. I have no little girls anymore but I bet that will be treasured by its recipient. So speaking of, I had to get this project done before I could start my next wall hanging - one of our cheer moms is going to be a grandma in October so I made this for her DD. It was done with a 20 strip jelly roll and some extras from my stash.

DustysMomma 08-06-2013 04:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
How cute! I love that it's so girly without being over the top. The panel I posted, I actually have 8 of them, and they came with a coordinating panel to use for the back. I'm thinking if I use this, it might be the first guinea pig for my new sewing/embroidery machine's quilting ability. I have to make a car seat quilt similar to the one below for my best friend's brother's new baby, due Thanksgiving day, as well though, so it might be a matter of which project I finish first. The one in the photo is one I made for my boyfriend's nephew last fall. I have enough leftovers of the jelly roll and charm pack to do 2 more, maybe 3. I did just the last initial because I wanted to be sure that they could use it for future children as well, since it's not going to be usable beyond when his legs stick out the bottom, lol.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]428617[/ATTACH]

ube quilting 08-06-2013 12:53 PM

I'm another one with no age appropriate children to share this adorable panel with:(. Those youth quilts are all really cool.

@ JNCT14: "it's" on the way!:D

JNCT14 08-06-2013 01:22 PM

I am going to lurk by the mailbox!!!!!! ;-)

nancia 08-06-2013 02:32 PM

very cute, you guys! i just had a great thought(yeah, i know that's a first, lololol!) and the fabric for it is at home. but does anyone prefer bright colors? that's my hint!

ube quilting 08-06-2013 03:07 PM

I like bright sun saturated colors that almost hurt your eyes. Lime /acid green, orange, melon, quirky and fun

I like sea glass and poppy colors

I like civil war repros

I like feed sacks/ 30s repro

I like I like I like....... it all!
peace

EDIT : I like roses, roses and more more roses too:D

JNCT14 08-07-2013 12:42 AM

Hi nancia I agree with ube I like everything! I will be waiting to see what you do with your bright colors!

nancia 08-08-2013 08:24 PM

i like it all, too, but i most like brights and batiks. i wish i'd weitten down my good idea! now i'll either have to remember it or think up a new one. pooh!

Elisabrat 08-09-2013 05:48 AM

Nancia your teasing, you like brights???? YOU??? wow shocker there :)

I am full of good ideas not so full of good energy. I picked up some grand fabrics at this incredibly cheap website on sale the other day 8 yrds of good ideas. now to turn them into magically delicious projects. turkeys! skunks! honeysuckle flowers! things I absolutely had to have with no projects in mind. Does everyone do this? just see something pretty and buy it without a thought as to what it might end up? sigh.. I do this a lot. no planning what so ever. lucky for me the fabric was a whopping 18.00 for 8 yrds and 5 for shipping so it was semi affordable non planning ;)

nancia 08-09-2013 08:35 AM

brat-- glad i could come up with something to shock and amaze you! lol, like yeah!
anyway, i have set up an area for quilting in my room. now that the birthday is over (and everyone was wowed! by "the dress") i can look to making a quilt top. today , however, we are having lunch with all three kids and adding our ddil and dgd, the world's cutest 2 yr old! olivia was in her room and had a problem. all i heard was this little voice--"i need some help". "i need some help" and before i could get out of bed she was running to the kitchen. her mom was saying, can you use your words? and i jumped right in, "she did. she said, i need some help" so olivia and i went back to the bedroom and she showed me the dark closet and said, "i can't get it out". so i reached in--who knows what i was going to find, or was going to find ME--and pulled out.......(drum roll, please)..........a shopping cart! truly, a disaster averted! lol! she does have amazing vocabulary and links up to 7 words in a sentence correctly. she takes after her daddy (since i didn't know her mommy as a baby i can't speak for her, but i'm sure she was bright , too.) many/most of her words are very clear, with a few ne ones that i have to ask or look for context.
well, since olivia is armed and ready to go shopping i need to shower and head to the mall with her. (yes, brat, i will dress before leaving, however....since i plan on trying on clothes maybe i should just go clean, and add clothing as i find it! buy-buy!