Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Rhonda's Second Wall Hanging Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/rhondas-second-wall-hanging-swap-t203903.html)

Rhonda 12-12-2012 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 5716020)
WOW you started it? I pulled fabric. That wore me out so I am taking a break. uh like a one more week break as I have to finish a quilt I started. Mystery train, finished the back piecing today as I had not enough fabric to do the whole thing and now to pin it and machine quilt it. I have a brother csi6000 so its not a big machine. One row at a time. and smoooshing it into that small window is no easy task. I think gee I ironed this thing together before I got to the quilting only to smooooooooosh it into 1/10 the size it was ..was there thinking involved here? no choice. I dream of your long arm quilt machines. ok I only sorta do. I fantasize about sitting in a chair with a cup of hot tea watching you use that long arm machine on my quilt. I love making tops. I hate quilting. (horrid thing to admit)

The designing is my first love and I get through the piecing to see the end result. But I don't much care for the quilting part! I can't do anything but STID so far. I did try a little bit of wide easy fmq on a couple of totes I did for my dgs. I have a lot to learn before I can say I can fmq LOL

grann of 6 12-12-2012 01:41 PM

Hey! I've never done this before, but I will take a stab at it. Feb 28th is a manageable time frame. I'll PM you may addy. Sounds like fun!

MaryMo 12-13-2012 03:37 PM

Rhonda, you are so talented that I would have thought you did fantastic quilting. I like your many designs although many are more than I can achieve at this point. I appreciate your sharing your designs.

Rhonda 12-13-2012 04:24 PM

4 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by MaryMo (Post 5718471)
Rhonda, you are so talented that I would have thought you did fantastic quilting. I like your many designs although many are more than I can achieve at this point. I appreciate your sharing your designs.

LOL if you look behind the pretty design you'll see I cheat! LOL The steps to make them are not complicated and any beginner can make them. It's just a matter of knowing the steps.

The Boston Block - sew two pieces of fabric together. Trim one edge sew on a third piece to the bottom. Cut out hte center with a template and tada!! You have a Boston Block. Make as many you need in the colors you need and sew 6 rows of 6 blocks per row and you have a quilt block!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]382049[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]382050[/ATTACH]

I have several shortcut blocks that are not hard todo just have a couple more steps or so.
I also have a couple of other ways to cut this that doesn't have as much leftover fabric. I reuse any leftovers when I use this method so no waste.

JuneBillie 12-14-2012 04:59 AM

Rhonda those are just so pretty. I can't wait.

Elisabrat 12-14-2012 07:38 AM

I love how you did that. Its way easier than getting those angles to all magically fit together. I dont mind the fabric waste either if it means those points work. oh no dont mind at all :) I am in a sick way happy to hear I am not alone. I stitch in the ditch only too. I am getting to where it looks pretty good in my minds eye.. and sometimes regular fmq well looks too busy? too quilted? have to find something I can drool at and wish I had done. I saw a tablerunner in the picture section done by cjtinkle she had such beautiful quilting.. ah that is an inspiration for me. to do some fancy quilting like that.. on a tablerunner or wall hanging lol not a whole quilt. first to make the tops right?

I am quilting in a few minutes waiting for more sunlight and well wish me luck and probably a dozen or so prayers I get it right the first time. This is my test in patience. oh no!

QuilterMomma 12-14-2012 08:21 AM

Fun part of doing them that way would be to use up scraps for blocks. Hmmm, suggestion for scrap club thread.

Lynnie25 12-14-2012 01:13 PM

Rhonda, thanks for sharing the shortcut method shown above, I love finding out these easy ways to do some blocks and I am going to be trying this one real soon

Rhonda 12-14-2012 08:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the answer to the word scramble

[ATTACH=CONFIG]382277[/ATTACH]

Rhonda 12-14-2012 09:18 PM

Oops! Wrong thread