Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Round Robin #10 BlueBirds of Happiness (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/round-robin-10-bluebirds-happiness-t225915.html)

Wonnie 07-22-2013 01:24 PM

Okay...my 2 cents worth. Are there any kind of rules re those who don't respond? I think if not we should wait till the 31st of this month because we have 2 months to work on each row so that would give a new person 2 full months to work on her center as well as the rest of us. Don't care if we go with 4 or 5... Yes, I like pictures with each round. Gives me ideas of what I might add when it's my turn. Sorry Sherry dear...you'll just have to hang onto it until Oct....haven't even started mine yet!

Wonnie 07-22-2013 01:25 PM

So, what say you Travelingramma and Jane??????????????

ckcowl 07-22-2013 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Wonnie (Post 6190747)
Okay...my 2 cents worth. Are there any kind of rules re those who don't respond? I think if not we should wait till the 31st of this month because we have 2 months to work on each row so that would give a new person 2 full months to work on her center as well as the rest of us. Don't care if we go with 4 or 5... Yes, I like pictures with each round. Gives me ideas of what I might add when it's my turn. Sorry Sherry dear...you'll just have to hang onto it until Oct....haven't even started mine yet!

everyone has until October 1st to get their center block done- and it is summer time-people tend to get busy- with summer activities- family, vacations---no reason to get an (attitude or worry) about not hearing from someone already- they signed up knowing they had until October.

Wonnie 07-22-2013 02:23 PM

You'll notice my answer to Sherry's question started with, "Are there any kind of rules re those who don't respond?" because I think there should be.......people do drop out or don't respond or don't notify hostess' when asked and it is an ongoing problem. If we wait until Oct. then we should not add someone new at the last minute...it's just not fair to them so, if that happens then I guess we should just go with four. I was asked for an opinion...I gave it.

TheMamaHauser 07-22-2013 05:22 PM

I just want to pop in - the group names were released a week ago tomorrow. It's July which is prime vacation season and the original posted due date for the swap was October first. It may be a little early to start asking about replacing members - how do you think Anne is going to feel if she comes into the room to check in and sees you guys are already talking about replacing her after a week? If you want mandatory participation in the forum months before the first mail date, that information should be put in the original sign-up information. She's active in other swaps but hasn't posted in several days - give her the benefit of the doubt and a little time before you begin seeking a replacement.

ssnare 07-22-2013 07:29 PM

Please calm down everyone. We are not trying to replace anyone. I am sorry if I asked a question. I am a little gun shy since a row robin that I am presently in had someone who was not heard from for a long while at the beginning and did not send my top and someone elses since Feb. I apologize for any misunderstanding. I am a worry whort.

We welcome Anne and we are looking forward to meeting Anne. We are anxiously waiting to here from her, that is all.

Please, no more comments regarding this.

jclinganrey 07-25-2013 08:21 AM

I posted on the very first page. I haven't even started my center yet. Working on finishing current projects like 'my city'. . . .

Jane

Wonnie 07-25-2013 02:31 PM

Hi Jane! Haven't started mine either but there's plenty of time. Have 3 different centers I'm thinking about that I like equally. The one I had leaned toward is looking more and more complicated so will probably go with another. You got me hooked on 1930's quilts so that's one of the ones I'm contemplating and leaning more and more toward. Still working on Sherry's butterflies. Good to hear from you!

travelinggramma 07-25-2013 04:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am in two swaps with Anne and she isn't online alot. I am either on for days - and then don't log on for days.
Anyway I was working on this thinking it would work...but alas the measurements got outof hand ...so a wall hanging for my sewing area is where it is going. Now to come up with something for ME!!

travelinggramma 07-25-2013 04:28 PM

See - I am working on my wavy water for the dolphins!