Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Row Robin 2012/2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/row-robin-2012-2013-a-t197378.html)

Qbee 08-20-2012 04:44 PM

Exactly....as long as the overall size is 12.5 X 60.5 you are good. Other people could then make 5 block or whatever they wanted that matched your theme.

Originally Posted by charlottemarie (Post 5455198)
Say I want my block to be 60.5 long, I could do Sue's & their houses if I wanted my two favorites in one spot?

charlottemarie 08-20-2012 05:42 PM

Great, than that is going to be my preference, my two favorite blocks!

QuilterMomma 08-21-2012 11:09 AM

Watching still, that first deadline will be a tough one for me, even though for self, because of my own UFO projects I am doing. Will see.

QuilterMomma 08-21-2012 11:14 AM

I know we asked not to sew rows if we want to add a border, but what if we could send along the already cut borders in with our quilt so they can be added as it goes around the country/world? It would only be three extra strips in package. Would that work? Oh I know, being difficult but can't hurt to ask, this way the quilt is all together and can be viewed easier than strips hanging in a row.

TheMamaHauser 08-21-2012 11:54 AM

I have finished 3 of my 5 planned blocks for this first row. I'm hoping I can finish up the other 2 and get the row sewn together before Sunday night. School starts back up on Monday... (queue sound effects) dun dun dunnnnnn.

QuilterMomma 08-21-2012 01:20 PM

You are busy TheMama, I would have you in two swaps if I signed up for this one. Hmmmm, not sure if I could handle that girl. You make me laugh to much and I would be on the floor rolling instead of sewing.

TheMamaHauser 08-21-2012 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5457340)
You are busy TheMama, I would have you in two swaps if I signed up for this one. Hmmmm, not sure if I could handle that girl. You make me laugh to much and I would be on the floor rolling instead of sewing.

Well, I could send you a few more F8's and you can pretend that you're just doing a few extra boom blocks... and keep 'em. I promise they'd coordinate.

Qbee 08-21-2012 05:51 PM

Each group will decide these things among the 5 assigned to the group. Some groups may decide not to sew the rows if their is sashing, while others may decide to do just what you are suggesting and send the sashing along with the rows. Hope that helps! :)

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5457058)
I know we asked not to sew rows if we want to add a border, but what if we could send along the already cut borders in with our quilt so they can be added as it goes around the country/world? It would only be three extra strips in package. Would that work? Oh I know, being difficult but can't hurt to ask, this way the quilt is all together and can be viewed easier than strips hanging in a row.

Qbee 08-21-2012 05:54 PM

OK.....here is the updated list:

QBee
Babeyruth
wanda lou
TheMamaHauser
Difergie
SazuBMidlands
frusratedquilter40
girlscouts1
roda
Linda58
Krisb
charlottemarie
debfaye
Mhobbs
Peggiszo
Sauki1
Buslady

If I am missing anyone, please let me know. For those of you who are pondering....I hope you decide to join us!

Qbee 08-23-2012 04:40 PM

We gotta have at least 3 more people to have 5 people in each group :)
Be sure and ask your QB buddies to come join the fun!!