Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #11 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/row-robin-2012-2013-group-11-a-t200783.html)

QuilterMomma 09-20-2012 07:28 AM

Wandalou how about Row Ragers (LOL)

I can go out there once in awhile.

I am thinking for this row robin to do a crazy quilt theme. There would be no need for sashing and each row can build upon the next. This will bust some of your ladies stash of scraps, and help you use all those wonderful stitches your machines have or do some fun handwork with buttons, ribbons, beads, or whatever you have in your stash. I would like to use just muslin foundation. Nothing fancy or that real ugly fabric you do not want to keep around that you would not mind covering up. The fun part is that it should not cost you anything except using up stash.

I do say, adding a note to what you have for your theme and what you are doing is a great idea and this way we all could add in as we go so we get some well versed row robins. I will be adding in my note.

wanda lou 09-20-2012 12:18 PM

Quilter momma I love making crazy quilts, my all time favorite. would it be a quilt as you go, and can we embellish.
what a great idea. i can't wait to work on it.

QuilterMomma 09-20-2012 12:41 PM

You may embelish all you want. I do not know how to do quilt as you go so I will put under the machine and quilt it. But by all means, embellish away when you get it.

Qbee 09-20-2012 01:57 PM

I'm good with whatever name ya'll pick :D

QuilterMomma 09-20-2012 02:10 PM

Or, Quilting Groupies

Qbee 09-20-2012 03:30 PM

How bout Heavenly Eleven Quilters :)

Qbee 09-20-2012 06:09 PM

OK....I stole this from one of the other leaders but it was SO well done....LOL :D

Mailing dates are:
1st Row – mail by Dec. 1st
Row 2 – Feb. 1st
Row 3 – April 1st
Row 4 – June. 1st
Row 5 – Aug. 1st

A few things to think about:

Correspondence - include with your starter row. This could be a piece paper, note card or anything you choose. Consider this your opportunity to express your preferences, such as colors, techniqes, and what not to do/use. Perhaps you prefer to join your rows when they come home to you - you would state that in your correspondence.

Labels - Send along a label with your starter row for each person to sign. This can be as simple or fancy as you want.

Sashings - Does anyone in the group have objections if any of the swappers wants to send along sashing to be used to join the rows together? It may affect the cost of shipping.

Mailing the rows - What is the preference of the group - do we mail according to the dates, or do we want to mail the rows as soon as they are finished?

What are we forgetting to address?
Suggestions?
Comments?

Let's get this party started :D :D :D :D

QuilterMomma 09-21-2012 08:25 AM

Oh you thief you, ah, labels is a good idea. On our church round robin we did that was a priorty and I just love having it and knowing who did what. Will add that one to my group.

Qbee 09-21-2012 06:45 PM

So far our tenative themes are as follows:

Qbee - Sampler quilt with browns, creams, bronze and black for the travel trailer
Wanda Lou - Bookcase Quilt
MdmSew'n'Sew - Places you've lived
Scrapper - Home Sweet Home
QuilterMomma - Crazy Quilt

They all sound great....some may change but for now that's where we stand....fun...fun...fun :D

QuilterMomma 09-24-2012 03:26 PM

Next month will start and get it ready by end of October. Hopefully keep up with you ladies.