Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Partner Pin Cushion/Needlecase Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-partner-pin-cushion-needlecase-swap-t216622.html)

Ashjoy 04-06-2013 06:41 PM

I love them all so far! You gals are quick!
Today I managed to do nothing except loose my engagement ring :(

nancia 04-06-2013 06:52 PM

ashjoy, so sorry to hear it! do you have an idea when or where you might have been?

Sucia 04-06-2013 10:48 PM

Oh Ashjoy, I know just how you feel! I lost mine about 30 years ago. It was gone for weeks. I cried and cried, and begged for a new ring. My husband refused. I cried and cried. The worst part--I knew it was in the house (5 bdrs.)

Then my girlfriend dropped her earring in the kitchen, and it slid under the fridge. She cried "melissa! I found your ring!". The only place I had missed. We had even moved the washer and dryer. Cat games! I didn't even care, I was just glad to get it back, but I never left it where he could get to it again!!!!

Maybe you will find yours. Don't give up hope. I know it can happen!

Ashjoy 04-07-2013 03:02 AM

Thanks! I'm still looking and hope that it turns up the same way. Will do a through house cleaning moving all the major appliances and see if I have any luck.

I could have been anywhere. Just woke up and realized it was gone. I did make a police report in case someone tries to pawn it, or turns it in.

sikesjj 04-07-2013 06:25 AM

Ashjoy, check with your insurance agent, you maybe can make a claim on your homeowners.

SandyinZ4 04-07-2013 06:41 AM

Oh Lynnie, the tubular needlecase is very cool. I had never seen such a thing either. Is it your creation or is there a pattern? You do beautiful work! Ashjoy, hope you find your ring. I lost my original diamond from my set and had it replaced with a lesser value one. Still makes me sad beause the original was unique because it had a flaw in it that I could see and that way I knew it was mine. I am working on my pin cushion for partner now. Have it partially done. I always stuff mine with poly fiberfill and add a little steel wool in middle.

lynnie 04-07-2013 07:33 AM

Its my rendition on an older pattern ive updated. Thankyou. Ashjoy, please find your ring. I never take mine off, thats when you loose something. Homeowners in ny only covers the first $500.00. You need a rider on the rest. Good luck.call ins co to make sure.

I love making thoses quilted roll up needlecases. I try to keep something of every color so when i get a partner, ive got it. I dont have to make you wait.
happy quilting everyone.

queenof2802 04-07-2013 09:07 AM

Good morning! Great weekend here in Tennessee. Yesterday did the household shopping in the morning and spent the WHOLE afternoon in my favorite flower bed. My grandmother had given me her peonies long before she passed, but I promised her that I wouldn't take them until she was gone. Two years ago I transplanted them here along with some irises from her front yard and her milk pail of moss roses. I call it Grandmother's Garden. There are still things I want to add. Every year she planted pansies and dahlias. She also always had gladiolas and sunflowers. I want to add a swing and a shade tree. Still a work in progress. Last night I made the laundry soap and fabric softener.

Today, I am spending it inside. Got to get the laundry caught up, kitchen cleaned up and my bedroom tidied. My crafting corner has exploded as it often does when I have too many projects going.

Enjoy your Sunday!

lynnie 04-07-2013 01:13 PM

I love peonies. I bouvht a bulb for peonies. It says to wait till after frost. Its warming and i cant wait to plant it.

Blue Cat 04-07-2013 01:44 PM

ashjoy,

losing your engagement ring is definitely not a part of this swap. quick, FIND IT!

Originally Posted by Ashjoy (Post 5983063)
I love them all so far! You gals are quick!
Today I managed to do nothing except loose my engagement ring :(