Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-2012-sign-ups-closed-help-me-10-27-2012-a-t200887.html)

grann of 6 11-19-2012 04:06 AM

I was thinking about all these people who joined and then haven't posted....It's like being invited to a real fancy party, and then not showing up till all the food is gone. Oh, well, they will never know what they missed....one heck of a party here! Where's my wine??? I'm starting early today.

Cindy60545 11-19-2012 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6 (Post 5666786)
I was thinking about all these people who joined and then haven't posted....It's like being invited to a real fancy party, and then not showing up till all the food is gone. Oh, well, they will never know what they missed....one heck of a party here! Where's my wine??? I'm starting early today.

I had the same thought! Maybe I'm strange or something, but I like to be involved in the thread of the particular interest. Swaps, mystery, whatever. You can learn a lot from reading the posts. Like this one, way back when we posted additional info for our SS. But unless you read the posts, you'd never know what else they may or may not like that wasn't in the original questionnaire we filled out. I guess those people are too involved with other area to not pay attention to this one. Me, I've been having fun with it! My SS package is sitting in my studio under the Christmas tree saying "open me!", but I keep ignoring it! Is it Dec. 9th yet???

grann of 6 11-19-2012 04:54 AM

I kinda feel if you aren't going to join in on the fun, then why join at all? You guys are all my friends, after all, if you called me, would I let you do all the talking???? The camaraderie is beyond belief!

I am patiently (or not so patiently) waiting for my package to arrive. Dec. 9th is only 3 weeks away, hope I have my package by then. Sigh!!!!!

sustraley 11-19-2012 05:06 AM

So sorry about your cat cheerio. We had to put ours to sleep. It has been several years ago and I still miss her.

Tashana 11-19-2012 05:26 AM

December 9th is Sunday. Since I refuse to go anywhere on Sunday I can be here real early in my PJs and wait for the opening time. Me, my cup of coffee and bottle of Molly's (cheaper version of Bailey's). Patience is a virtue, so I guess I am not very virtuous person. Ughhh!

sasquilter 11-19-2012 05:54 AM

I checked with the postal service today and my SS received her goodies a couple of days ago. I received my package on October 26 and have been "watching it" for three weeks!!!!!!! I enjoy reading all the posts eveyday and since I am fairly new to QB I really don't post much. As I get my feet wet you will hear from me. Have you seen the "pumpkin Spice" flavored Irish Creme. Well I have !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

ljs317 11-19-2012 06:28 AM

Now i know how Sybil felt with all those voices in her head! I swear that box just calles to me, sometimes its loud and sometimes its sneeky quiet, But still i hear it all the day long. I'm definately taking up drinking in the naughty corner hoping it will quiet that box. Oh please hurry up Dec 9th!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is there a drink that tastes like snickerdoodles? I need that!

annthreecats 11-19-2012 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by Yosamitesa (Post 5666169)
Well, my ss got their package. Still watching for mine.

Sorry to hear you are still waiting. Maybe you'll get it tomorrow. Yeah, that's the ticket, it will come tomorrow.

dgeskine 11-19-2012 06:37 AM

When I told my daughter of my damaged ss package, she kindly offered to inspect and re-wrap. Haha! That girl can't carry a secret in a bucket! I have the package stashed away where no one will find it until reveal date! I may even have trouble finding it by then. :)

CountryHouseQuilter 11-19-2012 06:51 AM

Well, I just checked and confirmed, my SS packages have been delivered to their rightful owners. I wonder if they're having as hard of a time as I am with the voices coming from the box? Last night my husband offered to open it for me, and then rewrap it. Honestly, this thing has got the whole family wondering. I'm hiding it today!!!! Under a pillow or something, maybe a fabric pile. Something to muffle or drowned out the voices.......is it December 9th yet?

Well, I need to get some cleaning done. Family coming here on Thursday and I need to get rid of some of this dust!!!! Wonder if my guests will hear the voices too.....oh my, I hope not!!!!!

<hiding package in the very far reaches of the spare bedroom closet, and piling things on top of it>