Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-2012-sign-ups-closed-help-me-10-27-2012-a-t200887.html)

starshine 12-14-2012 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by nancia (Post 5716965)
carolinepaj-- i'm so happy you like your pressies! i had so much fun putting it together! i admit i read the book on cd before i sent it. i keep a cd player next to my sewing table and listen to songs or books while i sew. i figured if i'd read it it didn't count in the total. i wonder if anyone actually kept to the $20 limit? lol! my ss sure didn't. hoping you and yours have the merriest christmas ! and a joyous new year!!

Sorry I didn't get back on this week, I was planning on posting a pic on Monday but it has been a hectic week at work and home, so maybe tomorrow-or should I say later today. Lots of posting to catch up on but I did see nancia posting about being called starshine-how neat. But I am sorry to disappoint you about this statement nancia. The 4 required fqs are in addition to the $20 limit, and if I went over it was not by more than a dollar or two. I was trying to make sure I did have the 20 in there. I just lucked out with some finds. And maybe it was meant to be that I got you as my santee. But I am so glad I got to be your ss swapper.

Pat625 12-14-2012 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 (Post 5720861)
Now for a fun way to do Secret Santa...
do as I do and start your shopping with sales and coupons now and thru the year.
have a box sitting there and when it's full you are done.
now what can be fun about this is that if you wrap each item
then when your gifted to person opens it
you will get a double surprise because likely you won't remember what you wrapped.

At my age, you'd forget what you wrapped the previous day!!!

Fuzzykittenbutt 12-15-2012 02:13 AM

You're very very welcome. Merry Christmas to you and your hubby too!

Originally Posted by huntannette (Post 5711208)
OMG I missed the reveal last night, but did I ever enjoy opening my package......internet is still iffy but i`m on long enough to say thank you so much for all the goodies from Germany.....even my hubby was impressed.....thank you so so much!!!!

grann of 6 12-15-2012 03:54 AM

I say yes to the summer party. And since I don't live too far from Terri, this is a GREAT idea. I'll even bring some wine too. I need more bottles for my bottle tree.

Bamagal 12-15-2012 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by dressmakergurl (Post 5716857)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]381900[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]381901[/ATTACH] from Mary Jane thanks. can't wait to get back to sewing and quilting and use my goodies.

So glad you liked everything!! I enjoyed putting it together !! Can't wait to see your ring cushion!! I have it's sister-filled with sand- only one ring. Bottom is heavy cardboard --top green velvet. (Same green covers bottom cardboard)

Sorry I forgot my name! Lol. I'm Mary Jane Tingle- Bamagal. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

sharon b 12-15-2012 10:43 AM

Grann... that is not very Holidayey spirited is it ??? Not sharing :( just remember Santa starts watching as soon as the gifts are open so...... Oh ... he will already have you on the naughty list for next year :shock:

dreamer2009 12-15-2012 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by sharon b (Post 5721892)
Grann... that is not very Holidayey spirited is it ??? Not sharing :( just remember Santa starts watching as soon as the gifts are open so...... Oh ... he will already have you on the naughty list for next year :shock:

hahahahaha~~~grann is busted and on her way to next years Naughty Corner.
I'm sure I will be right behind her..............................................
:p

grann of 6 12-15-2012 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 (Post 5721910)
hahahahaha~~~grann is busted and on her way to next years Naughty Corner.
I'm sure I will be right behind her..............................................
:p

Listen, everyone in my family has me in the naughty corner, why should you guys be any different???? I did share all those cookies with you guys. And you think I'm not sharing....come to my house and I will ply you with all the booze you want. If you guys are going to be sooooo ungrateful, then next year.....no cookies for anyone!!!!

dreamer2009 12-15-2012 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6 (Post 5721935)
Listen, everyone in my family has me in the naughty corner, why should you guys be any different???? I did share all those cookies with you guys. And you think I'm not sharing....come to my house and I will ply you with all the booze you want. If you guys are going to be sooooo ungrateful, then next year.....no cookies for anyone!!!!

I'm not falling for that line !!!
you waNT US TO COME AND DRINK AT YOUR
house so you can collect the bottles
for you bottle trees...lolololololololLOL

Tink's Mom 12-15-2012 12:05 PM

WooHoo!! Grann is going to see how far she can push a crummy neighbor! How about bottle trees all along the fence line? and when Gus wags his tail they will jingle like crazy....