Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   September fq (fat quarter) swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/september-fq-fat-quarter-swap-t230017.html)

kiffie2413 10-05-2013 10:56 AM

Jaba, eat a lil extra for your qb "family", and I know you will enjoy your early Christmas with your family! :)

Brat, my dh isn't a turkey fan either. He does love Mom's stuffing. We do a turkey and a ham, and all the trimmings. I am in charge of turkey duty and the ham, which is usually a spiral cut Hormel or Honeycrust, so it has a glaze, just pop in oven and eat later! As to our dreamy stuffing...I know how Mom makes it, but as y'all know, it'll never taste as good as hers! She just tosses in a bit o' this, and a dab o' that, sprinkle, sprinkle, chop, dice, mix, taste, keep at it til it passes her "muster". My son never has liked stuffing, so he won't care if I cook it. But everyone else loves Mom's stuffing. My dh and my sil like Mom's better than they liked their own Moms'. I have said if I am in charge of it I can always make Stove Top....:rolleyes:
K
We loooove enchiladas!
Never have had fried turkey, sounds delish!

sunrise450 10-05-2013 12:30 PM

It's me again! Looks like I will just have to wait till Monday for my fq's. I have been really busy sliceing up my scraps so I wouldn't have had the time to look at them. Probably. HA! HA!
Stove Top works for me! I saute onions and celery and use extra seasoning. Think I will have Christmas dinner this year and you can all join in. We'll have a blast! I'll make chocolate cookies and blond brownies. Oh yum!
Almost forgot, when are the sign ups starting?

brenda21 10-05-2013 12:46 PM

will probably post sign ups next week...still have about 10 peeps waiting on Sept. packages and one of them is my fault:(

Aprilisslowlylearnlytoquilt 10-05-2013 05:12 PM

I went shopping yesterday, and got some lovely fabrics for the October swap :)

kiffie2413 10-05-2013 07:54 PM

Sunrise,
I'll bring dh and one of my fave desserts, too...Texas Pie...actually have the ingredients in kitchen to make one now..all this food talk is making me HUNGRY!!
Your sauteeing onions, celery, adding lil extra spices to Stove Top sounds like a superb idea!

April,
Can't wait to see what you bought!

Kif

sunrise450 10-06-2013 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 (Post 6333136)
Sunrise,
I'll bring dh and one of my fave desserts, too...Texas Pie...actually have the ingredients in kitchen to make one now..all this food talk is making me HUNGRY!!
Your sauteeing onions, celery, adding lil extra spices to Stove Top sounds like a superb idea!

April,
Can't wait to see what you bought!

Kif

Okay Kif, what is Texas pie?

jaba 10-06-2013 03:04 PM

You're going to be 1 lucky lady Sunrise, my house this weekend and your house Thanksgiving with Kiffie at your house. Told the kids, they said they'd cook so we can relax!!!

Elisabrat 10-06-2013 03:30 PM

oh ok fine just sitting here drooling!!! Stove top is way better doctored up with celery onions and parley and oh yes cooked with chicken broth not butter.. um not sure how I know that lol.. but again we get chicken enchiladas or tacos so I will just dream about your dinners or you will find a lonesome traveler at your door.. helllooooo anyone in there? I was just in the neighborhood and happened to have this side dish of sweet potatoes made with cream cheese, butter pecan pieces oh dear .. and hey what is that I smell? as I waltz right in even if I have to accidently push some out of the way.. and well you my friends.. have company! no package as of yet but there is still time patience I have

Jvan228 10-08-2013 06:27 PM

OK I'm ready. Can't wait. Bring on October Swap!

Elisabrat 10-09-2013 04:57 AM

waiting patiently here on my end. my partner has written twice to me and apologized for her delay. so it will be like Christmas when it shows up.. soon I think :)