Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/september-secret-pal-sign-up-closes-8-31-4pm-cst-t198447.html)

Juli 10-10-2012 07:00 PM

Well, the main reason I didn't do the October swap, I have been very sick since Aug. On August 25th, I had a grand mal seizure and ever since I am still have been having double vision and constant migraines. I had to be taken to the hospital in Sept and be treated for the migraine and at the same time was treated for dehydration. I was down yesterday with a migraine and was so dizzy, my balance was so off, my Dad had to help me walk to get sitting down so I didn't fall over.

Originally Posted by buslady (Post 5572639)
That is too bad, Juli, that this may have spoiled it for you!! I thinnk this is the first time I have seen this many "no shows" in a month! I hope you will try again, soon, though; as most of us follow through with our committments. I have found so often that there are bad apples in every group. You throw out the bad and enjoy the rest!!!!

buslady 10-11-2012 05:23 AM

Oh, my!! I am so sorry to hear that you are ill!! Though, glad it was not the late pkgs that caused you to not sign up. I hope you get feeling better very soon. Are you subject to seizures? Or was this a (hopefully) one time thing? In my job we deal with a lot of people that have seizures. They are not something I would wish on anyone!! Grand Mal is the worst! Take care of yourself.

greenini 10-11-2012 06:20 AM

Juli, I'm so sorry you have so much bad health to deal with. It's truly a trial. I've been just dizzy this past winter and wouldn't wish it on anyone and the seizures must be just plain awful. I'm glad your dad is there to help and know that must be a comfort. Hugs

wanda lou 10-11-2012 04:34 PM

Juli how did your last Doctor appt go? you are still in my prayers.

Juli 10-11-2012 05:05 PM

Yeah this seizure was this time, I was consious while I went through it.

Originally Posted by greenini (Post 5577764)
Juli, I'm so sorry you have so much bad health to deal with. It's truly a trial. I've been just dizzy this past winter and wouldn't wish it on anyone and the seizures must be just plain awful. I'm glad your dad is there to help and know that must be a comfort. Hugs

Juli 10-11-2012 05:16 PM

same appt as usual, came in 15 minutes early like they asked, took them over an hour past my appt time to get me back there. First thing the Doctor says to me when he walked in was how beat he was from being on the call the night before. Let me tell you something, I don't know how he could possibly be that tired. I had to call in once after hours and he happened to be on call he made me go to eye Doctor that night at 7:30 pm, he passes on anybody's problem on to someone else. How could he possibly be that tired?? I don't know, maybe repeatedly opening his mouth and saying: call someone else, exhaustes him somehow. HMMMMM! I don't know!! Plus he just got off three weeks vacation, worked one day and then was off for another three days!! I want the life of a Doctor!!! LOL!! This appt was basically went over the same has stuff as last time, he increased my imitrex dosage, since the other Doc on call, while he was on his vacation, gave me a children's dosage of the medication, because this Doctor happens to be the Neurologist who only treats children! No wonder it wasn't working very well for me! He has gave me a few samples of another medication that I can take with the imitex that you mix in 2-4 tablespoons of water called cambia and it does seem to help some when I do take it with one.

Okay, I have a headache now, I wrote the same time I was banging my head on the wall! I can't stand having to deal with my Neurologist's office.

Originally Posted by wanda lou (Post 5578866)
Juli how did your last Doctor appt go? you are still in my prayers.

areinn 10-11-2012 07:28 PM

Well ladies, I was one of the evil, horrible, terrible people who was late sending out my sp package.

I am sorry it was late but I have been dealing with a suicidal family member in my house for the past month. I am still extremely worried about the situation. And then my husband was in the hospital for a week.

My package had been sitting on my sewing table for weeks and I just didn't make it to the post office.

I did mail it to Juli last friday.

Based on usps tracking, it was received on Tuesday.

I hope she liked it as I haven't heard from Juli and she hasn't mentioned it in her posts on here since Tuesday.

Anyway, so now my business is out in the open.

wanda lou 10-11-2012 08:06 PM

Juli have you tried Imitrex sub q a small injection or the nasal spray, it works much faster. talk to your Dr about it. you inject it yourself at home.
Saving you from a trip to the ED. feel better soon.

Originally Posted by Juli (Post 5578967)
same appt as usual, came in 15 minutes early like they asked, took them over an hour past my appt time to get me back there. First thing the Doctor says to me when he walked in was how beat he was from being on the call the night before. Let me tell you something, I don't know how he could possibly be that tired. I had to call in once after hours and he happened to be on call he made me go to eye Doctor that night at 7:30 pm, he passes on anybody's problem on to someone else. How could he possibly be that tired?? I don't know, maybe repeatedly opening his mouth and saying: call someone else, exhaustes him somehow. HMMMMM! I don't know!! Plus he just got off three weeks vacation, worked one day and then was off for another three days!! I want the life of a Doctor!!! LOL!! This appt was basically went over the same has stuff as last time, he increased my imitrex dosage, since the other Doc on call, while he was on his vacation, gave me a children's dosage of the medication, because this Doctor happens to be the Neurologist who only treats children! No wonder it wasn't working very well for me! He has gave me a few samples of another medication that I can take with the imitex that you mix in 2-4 tablespoons of water called cambia and it does seem to help some when I do take it with one.

Okay, I have a headache now, I wrote the same time I was banging my head on the wall! I can't stand having to deal with my Neurologist's office.

Krystyna 10-12-2012 04:30 AM

Areinn, I am so sorry to hear about your trials. I hope things smooth out soon.

greenini 10-12-2012 05:34 AM

Areinn I hope things settle down for you at your house and your family members are ok. Most of us understand family emergencies, you could have pm'ed Lori privately or even just said it was a family emergency if you didn't want to discuss it online. But i hope your hubby is better now and that you get all the help you need, hugs