Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign up for August 2013 Doll Quilt Swap! B&W with a Blast of Color! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-august-2013-doll-quilt-swap-b-w-blast-color-t226106.html)

jaba 08-06-2013 05:41 PM

Wondering where you were at Bertie, now I know. You should have yours in the next day or 2 and I'm not worried I know you will send me one. Hope you like yours, think you will, hmmm not sure...but you liked the sneak peek, that's a start.

Elisabrat 08-07-2013 02:14 PM

createfourpaws I finished your doll quilt today!! its done. its interesting.. lol its done!! next time I think with time and more planning it might even be what I originally imagined! this time its.. colorful? you did say you like colorful and well this is that.. mail it tomorrow if I have your address which I think I might somewhere. now to find it..

JuanitaBean 08-07-2013 03:24 PM

Cuppy got your DQ done. will be sending it out Thur. or Fri. Hope you like it

Suze9395 08-07-2013 04:24 PM

I am almost done with the top Charp. Had a technical difficulty that required a trip to the LQS, oh darn! But, I believe the recovery will work out just fine! New techniques...gotta love them!

Lynnie25 08-07-2013 06:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Chasezzz, had a ripping good time with your little quilt yesterday afternoon LOL think I had a blonde moment or senior hiccup or else the blocks moved themselves and were in the wrong place when I joined them together....anyhoo, I took a break from the seam ripper and did some sewing on my Dolls Quilt Swap Partners USA so now Phase 1 is done. I am trying to work out a way to put a little pic of each of the quilts I have received around the map and I have looked online and see where I can buy a pack of all the State pins so I can attach them to the States where I have received a little quilt from.

So if you have swapped a little quilt with me over the past (nearly) 3 years, then you will be immortalised in Swap Quilt history (at least here in Australia) :) :)

I have been for a long walk on the beach this morning (yes, the winter sun is shining brightly), now I will get my act together and sew those little blocks together just like the overall picture shows they should look like.

Chasezzz 08-08-2013 04:02 AM

Lynnie25, Fabulous map! Just WOW!

Applique is not my strength (ongoing joke with my local quilting buddies...I am known for insisting I don't do applique), but I really admire your skills in that area! I got back to your little quilt yesterday...and it is ready for a label! It has a pop alright! If the blocks moved themselves yesterday on my quilt, perhaps over night they righted themselves! If they are being stubborn, no worries. Whenever is fine with me!

luvstoquilt 08-08-2013 06:04 AM

Lynnie that map is awesome!

luvstoquilt 08-08-2013 06:23 AM

Hi Theresa...it should arrive today ... just checked the tracking info! I so hope you like it!

buslady 08-08-2013 06:44 AM

Great map!! I downloaded a pattern so I could make a map like that, then I cut it up to do last months DQ, so now I will have to find the pattern again. Oh well, that bucket list of mine affords LOTs of time to look for patterns. LOL I have been working on my sewing room so I can, again, find stuff!! Worst part is the magazines. I have so many, and I cannot find the one with the pattern I want at the moment in it.!? Skaduzy, I am going to get your DQ finished this weekend so I can mail when you are ready!!! Going camping to Yogi Bear campground Sun-Wed of next week. First camping trip of the year. DD says I can't take a sewing machine. Just try and stop me!! Actually, I have some hand sewing to take this time. I will spend a lot of time at the pool, so the Grands can swim. Thats my job.

JuanitaBean 08-08-2013 08:08 AM

Lynnie25 Great map. Keep us posted with pictures as you go please.