Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up for June 2012 Doll Quilt Swap Closes Noon EST May 31st (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-june-2012-doll-quilt-swap-closes-noon-est-may-31st-t189337.html)

catmcclure 06-04-2012 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5264773)
Man, this is one big PITA month for people going MIA! Sending you a PM now. Let's hope SHE answers!!!

Actually, it's probably a senior moment - forgot she signed up.

almond 06-04-2012 03:56 PM

Quilt Rec'd from LJDugas31

1 Attachment(s)
After a long weekend of camping, we stopped at the mailbox and I had a padded package waiting for me from LJDugas31. Couldn't wait to get into the house and rip it open and here is what was in there. A lovely star DQ of course made with flower fabric. Lots of poppies, mums and roses. Don't think you can see it but the star is bordered in lace and the center of the star has a button heart.

Thanks so much Linda for the great DQ. Yours is done and will be in the mail sometime this week

[ATTACH=CONFIG]339962[/ATTACH]

Krystyna 06-04-2012 04:34 PM

A little note from your hostess

1 Attachment(s)
A couple of reminders to keep everyone happy and content ~

If you are going away for more than a day or two, please PM your partner to let her know. If your partner has been nice enough to send you a quilt, she'd like to know you received it without wondering if you are (a) off on a cruise
:), (b) have been whisked away by a tornado :shock: or (c) are very ill because your body has been taken over by an alien. :eek:

If life has intruded and you've been unable to get your quilt out on time, please let your partner know.
:thumbup: If you have and you're still stuck ... let her know again. And, if necessary, again after that. You might be really embarrassed:o but silence is not an option if you don't want to hurt your partner's feelings. :( So put on your big girl panties and 'fess up. Life happens. We all get that. Just communicate. Please. :thumbup:

Now as for the monthly theme ... It is always OPTIONAL :). If we are doing something really specific and you just don't feel up to the challenge, please communicate as much to your partner. It's OK. :thumbup: We all have different comfort zones. ;) Just let her know so she is not surprised that you decided not to do the theme. It's OK as long as you communicate. :thumbup:

While it is nice -- repeat NICE -- not REQUIRED -- to ask your partner if she has any color preferences, it is -- one more time -- nice, but not required that she accommodate you. She actually doesn't have to ask and she is certainly not a member of your interior decorating team. :p It is always sender's choice. So ... please do not specify a certain line of fabrics or a color palette you want her to use. :thumbdown:

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your creativity and enthusiasm!!! Carry on! Over and out.

starshine 06-04-2012 09:09 PM

Krystyna, did you get everyone a partner or do you still need someone to volunteer for an additional partner. I can take another one if you still need one.

Lynnie25 06-04-2012 10:24 PM

[QUOTE=Krystyna;5265693][SIZE=3][COLOR=#008080]
If you are going away for more than a day or two, please PM your partner to let her know you are (a) off on a cruise - rwquilts, I am going to our fishing shack for our long weekend - not sure the lake is big enough to 'cruise' on though :(
So put on your big girl panties - I always have my big girl panties on :) :) QUOTE]

rwquilts 06-05-2012 04:21 AM

[QUOTE=Lynnie25;5266235]

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5265693)
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#008080]
If you are going away for more than a day or two, please PM your partner to let her know you are (a) off on a cruise - rwquilts, I am going to our fishing shack for our long weekend - not sure the lake is big enough to 'cruise' on though :(
So put on your big girl panties - I always have my big girl panties on :) :) QUOTE]

Waaaahhhh! :( LOL! I bet you I could match your big girl panties and raise you one? :):) Have fun girlfriend! Hmmm...perhaps Krystyna meant that figuratively??? (oh hi Krystyna...how's it going? :o)

:D:D:D

Krystyna 06-05-2012 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by starshine (Post 5266175)
Krystyna, did you get everyone a partner or do you still need someone to volunteer for an additional partner. I can take another one if you still need one.

I *think* we're OK. I assigned the late comer to someone whose partner never responded (ocean cruise? Typhoon? Alien Abduction?) But thank you so very much for the offer ... I'll keep it in mind just in case the new match up goes awry!

Krystyna 06-05-2012 04:32 AM

[QUOTE=rwquilts;5266431]

Originally Posted by Lynnie25 (Post 5266235)

Waaaahhhh! :( LOL! I bet you I could match your big girl panties and raise you one? :):) Have fun girlfriend! Hmmm...perhaps Krystyna meant that figuratively??? (oh hi Krystyna...how's it going? :o)

:D:D:D

You wear double big girl panties? :shock: Never mind. TMI (Too much information)

almond 06-05-2012 05:49 AM

I bet I can double all of you. That's what I like about this site. Everyone is always looking for a good laugh. lol

IrelandDragonQuilting 06-05-2012 06:48 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are the awesomeness (yea I said it! LOL) two quilts that ljdugas31 sent to me. I was wanting a Halloween one, and she sent me it! Check out the adorable little hummingbird in the basket of beautiful purple flowers, I believe they are orchids, but close to irises!! [ATTACH=CONFIG]340050[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]340051[/ATTACH]They are hanging up in my office!