Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up for June 2012 Doll Quilt Swap Closes Noon EST May 31st (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-june-2012-doll-quilt-swap-closes-noon-est-may-31st-t189337.html)

Judith1005 06-14-2012 05:15 PM

Hi Birdlady, I hope you had fun visiting with the family. :) I finished your doll quilt and mailed it out to you today. LOL, I realized, I packaged up my doll quilt, wrote out my personal note, sealed my envelope! Then went to the post office and mailed with a delivery confirmation. Nothing wrong there....I got all the way home and realized, I never filled out the label that I sewed on the back of the doll quilt. LOL, it has definitely tickled my funny bone. I am such an airhead sometimes. I hope your doing well. :)

Ooops, I'm going over to visit the best block contest again. It wouldn't load for me earlier. :)

ljdugas31 06-14-2012 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 (Post 5272392)
This is really life like... Great DQ...

I am so lucky i LOVE that chicken dq!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ljdugas31 06-14-2012 07:47 PM

Plus i got a BEAUTIFUL Log Cabin doll quilt From Irelanddragonquilter!!!!! Wonderful month for me. Thank you ladies!!!

nancia 06-14-2012 07:52 PM

krystyna, when i was growing up i showed my mother my latest project and she always said, " it's coming along nicely, dear." so i will say to you, what i said to her, "Uh, it's done."( lol. i guess i'm not the only one to whom alzheimer's is meaningful!) roflmbo!!

Thank you all for your nice comments. this was very fun to do! and thanks n2! i'm glad we agreed on this swap! h&k !!

rwquilts 06-15-2012 04:57 AM

Abonda, the quilt you made is super gorgeous!

Lynnie25, will be so fun to see what you've created for me. I sure hope you like what I did for you...waiting two weeks for someone to get their goodies is driving me nuts! LOL! I think if you live out of the states, you must have tremendous patience, right? :):)

Psychomomquilter 06-15-2012 05:11 AM

oh Buslady, I can smell the lilacs from here! so beautiful! uh oh! I looked again, Hydrengias?? still beautiful!

Psychomomquilter 06-15-2012 05:15 AM

I need to learn paper piecing and applique, all of you have done a wonderful job!

abonda 06-15-2012 06:43 AM

Psychommquilter you were right the first time Lilacs it is........... Buslady I'm so so glad I did capture you! I thought you were gonna like it cause you told me you liked lilacs and so do I. I have 4 lilac trees in my yard. I had a ball making it and I'm glad you can enjoy it.

buslady 06-15-2012 07:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Abonda, yes, I absolutely LOVE it! Been showing it off to anyone that will look! And that is a lot of people. LOL Krystyna, I think the themes for July and August are wonderful. Everyone should be thinking patriotic thoughts, especially over the fourth. I have a DGS that will be 13 on the fourth of July. Dr.'s called him a "firecracker", and he was/is!!! I have purchased some bright solids for a quilt I have envisioned. I am going to do it on the smaller version for the August swap. That is what I like about this one, I have wanted to do this for over a year, just never got a round toit! This should satisfy my need and if I really liike it, I can still do a big one.
Now, I finished my quilt top for Abonda last night, just needs the label, will do that tonight, I hope. Decided to try using my embroydery machine to make a butterfly, "off the quilt", so I could add it three demensionally. It came out beautiful. Washed out the disolving stabilizer. It was BEAUTIFUL, at least in my eyes it was. Set it out to dry. Looked for it this morning, so I could admire it some more before leaving for work. I couldn't find it for a while, then there it was. I LOVE MY DOG. I LOVE MY DOG. I LOVE MY DOG. Repeat fifty times, or at least until you remember why. Apparently, the dog found it before I did.

978gray 06-15-2012 07:30 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Yesterday I received my wonderful little quilt from Happy Cat Quilter. It is so cute. I love the design and the fabric.

Feast your eyes on this beauty: