Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up for June 2012 Doll Quilt Swap Closes Noon EST May 31st (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-june-2012-doll-quilt-swap-closes-noon-est-may-31st-t189337.html)

BuzzinBumble 06-27-2012 04:07 AM

So... nobody had a guess? :(

Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble (Post 5316368)
Okey Dokey Kris... your quilt is on its way! I hope you get it Wednesday, but it might be Thursday.
Just for fun and as a teaser, i wrote a little poem about the subject of your quilt. See if you can guess!

Her sweetheart is such a flashy gent,
The chicks all stop and stare.
Her feathers aren't ruffled; she is content.
His love she does ensnare.

Yeah, yeah... Emily Dickinson, I'm not. :o

Ladybug 1938 06-27-2012 04:09 AM

Wow some lovely quilts coming in, hopefully mine will be here soon... Sunny and bright here in the Florida Panhandle... wind gone and heat is getting hotter, will be a firecracker type heat for the 4th...

Krystyna 06-27-2012 04:13 AM

Lara, sounds like a hen to me!

rwquilts 06-27-2012 06:01 AM

Buslady what a fun, fun quilt you made for Abonda! So bright and cheerful!

abonda 06-27-2012 06:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm so sorry Onalee!! I posted in the May doll quilt. I did receive your beautiful little quilt. I have been really sick (in bed not moving) sick......Huh..... for all of last week. I just love it with all that detail....It is so bright and fun. I have it hanging on my wall already. Thank you so so much for it I LOVE IT!!

Originally Posted by buslady (Post 5316666)
Yea, like I said, confused. For a minute I was afraid I had mixed up the actual mailings. Not A LOL moment. Actually kind of scarry sometimes.
It is Abonda that got her DQ a couple days ago, she must be busy or out of town, havent seen her post. Anxious to hear what she thinks.

SewExtremeSeams 06-27-2012 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by rwquilts (Post 5300766)
So glad you like what I made you. It was super fun and the little crumb blocks work up so fast! Can't wait to see what mine from across the pond will look like! :)

More cute quilts! A girl can't be gone for a weekend here...she just misses all the pretties! :)

Here's another pic of what I sent that's a tiny bit clearer. :)

Love your birdie, Ronda!

brenda21 06-27-2012 06:50 AM

abonda/buslady that is soooo awesome!!

buslady 06-27-2012 07:43 AM

Thank you ladies for all the kind comments. I had so much fun making that one. Yellow is my favorite color and it does make me smile to look at it. I used a lot of new to me techniques. The butterfly was my first "off canvas" project on my embroydery machine. Well, I should say second, my dog ate half of the first one! I still love him though!!!! And the second one turned out even nicer anyway. LOL Now I am anxious to do more! I have 3 started for July. That way I can choose for my partner. Again, thanks ladies, I needed that ego boost this morning!

QuilterMomma 06-27-2012 11:52 AM

Love those little kitties on that quilt buslady/abdona. So cute and now you have a wonderful bouquet of flowers all year long. It is a joyous little quilt.

Mine are a little slow this month. They tops are made, just have not been out to the longarm to get quilted. Got the flu myself now soooooo tired and yet, I get to be at work. If I don't go in, there is nobody at the office so compliment is I am not replaceable, bad side is can't miss work when sick. Oh well, life goes on and I get to do some hand stuff. Hopefully get them quilted tonight so I can do bindings and mail tomorrow. Upside, my partners are in same boat as me.

sewbeadit 06-27-2012 12:16 PM

Well it sounds good to me, who is Emily Dickinson anyway,lol:thumbup:

Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble (Post 5316368)
Okey Dokey Kris... your quilt is on its way! I hope you get it Wednesday, but it might be Thursday.
Just for fun and as a teaser, i wrote a little poem about the subject of your quilt. See if you can guess!

Her sweetheart is such a flashy gent,
The chicks all stop and stare.
Her feathers aren't ruffled; she is content.
His love she does ensnare.

Yeah, yeah... Emily Dickinson, I'm not. :o