Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up for the June 2013 Quilting Board 46th Doll Quilt Swap! Red White and Blue (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-june-2013-quilting-board-46th-doll-quilt-swap-red-white-blue-t222124.html)

luvstoquilt 06-06-2013 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by BertieD (Post 6104979)
Prayers and hugs for Handi as she goes through this very hard time with her mother. Elisabrat is working hard due to a move to Wyoming. She missed a dialysis session and has been feeling very poorly. Has anyone heard from Robin lately and how she is doing. The rest of us are very lucky and should be counting our blessings daily. What's a few aches and pains compared to what these ladies are going through. Hugs to all!

Oh my goodness...prayers for everyone. It seems to be everywhere we turn right now. My mother is in hospice and she is starting each day being non-responsive. She will not speak until I get there and then she rallies for the day..she takes a lot of short naps all day long but she is determined to leave this world asap. We have talked about it a lot and while she is 95 it is going to be very sad without her around to police my quilts. She actually measured my stitches when I showed her my frist one about 15 years ago. She isn't in any pain but today she has refused to get out of bed. She says she is there to stay! I know I am lucky to have lived 71 years and still have a mother but it is so sad to think she is leaving.

luvstoquilt 06-06-2013 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 6104997)
Bertie, I was wondering about Robin, too. She is on my mind daily. There are so many amazing quilters who keep up their spirits despite illness, heartache and so many trials. They keep on quilting. What an inspiration to all of us.

That makes 3 of us...I sent her a package that was supposed to arrive on Tuesday and I haven't heard...she is usually fast to send a PM or a note on this board. Prayers are with you Robin if you are reading this. I hope the package arrived.

kitsykeel 06-06-2013 02:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are the fabrics for a sneak peek at June doll quilt for Jean D.[ATTACH=CONFIG]417520[/ATTACH]

luvstoquilt 06-06-2013 02:11 PM

Bertie, your quilt is fantastic...I am so behind but I finally caught up on all of the messages. Elizabrat I hope you are feeling better again. Moving is bad enough when you are feeling 100%! Good news for Anna...I am really getting a lot done on your quilt. I cannot believe how many pieces there are in that simple looking little piece of Americana! I am lucky because Anna will not be back home until the 20th so I do have time to get this one done! It will definitely be one of a kind from this house!

Buzzin Bumble...do love your rug. A friend of mine has one and I begged her to let me have it...I tried to trade for it but she was having none of that! Love that you hung yours. Lisa's was a runner and was in her hallway. Absolutely delightful.

Krystyna, I have a front loader washing machine and I washed some wool in it...it worked for me!

Hugs to all..so glad we have each other...nothing takes the place of "girl friends"...that was advice I got from my grandmother about 50+ years ago. She said keep your girlfriends close because they will be there when you need them.

jaba 06-06-2013 04:18 PM

BertieD you sound like me, should be doing etc.....I swear my sewing machine has a voice in this house..."turn me on, get with it" I'm sure your's does the same thing. I'm so glad when it talks to me! :)

Jean D 06-06-2013 04:41 PM

Oh Kitsykeel - those colors look wonderful, will get busy on yours tomorrow, it's ready to roll!

I pm'd Robin a few nights ago, she was on my heart, haven't heard anything, I just keep praying

TOOMANYUFO'S 06-06-2013 04:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the star quilt from Jaba. Thanks again. Notice the center is the Statue of Liberty.

jillnjo 06-06-2013 04:55 PM

Very, very cute little star quilt!!

kitsykeel 06-06-2013 05:09 PM

I just love that star quilt. Good job Jaba. TOOMANYUFOS, you are a lucky girl. Was it hard to make Jaba and can you share that pattern?

Elisabrat 06-06-2013 06:07 PM

that is a very pretty pattern! now to get her to share her secrets...ohhhhh Jaba... you look soooo good today! wow your hair looks great! love your perfume! hunga dunga...oh by the way.. would you mind sharing your marvelous pattern with some of us who know how to appreciate such an astoundingly gorgeous quilter like yourself?? hugs, the brat

(that should get you a pattern trust me on this..)