Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up for November 2012 Doll Quilt Swap - Thanksgiving or I'm Thankful For ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-november-2012-doll-quilt-swap-thanksgiving-im-thankful-t203738.html)

Krystyna 12-04-2012 08:44 AM

Hi Ladies! I received the most adorable little quilt yesterday from Just a Quilter. I sure hope she took a photo since my cameras gave out after photographing every teeny bit of 25 years of collecting. I love it and just want to say thank you. We are plugging away. The walls and floors and ceiling have been torn out of the house and I now have a lovely decoration in my front yard - a bathtub and toilet! There are lots of cracks in the joists and mounds of sand and fish and other dead stuff down there. Frankly it is scary to look at. Tomorrow I am meeting an architect and an engineer and we'll figure out where to go from here. My little apartment is full of garbage bags of what little we could save and I have a new plan for my life: If I don't love it, out it goes! I miss you all and miss the simple pleasures of quilting more than I can say. Will check in as I am able. Love and Hugs to all.

buslady 12-04-2012 11:05 AM

Wonderful to hear from you Krystyna!!! Keep plugging along, we miss you and can't wait for your return.

mooretll 12-04-2012 11:35 AM

Great to hear from you Krystyna.

Needlegrammy 12-04-2012 11:42 AM

Krystyna, It's so nice to hear from you!!! Hey maybe you can put some flowers in the bathtub and toilet!!!! LOL
Hugs , Hugs, Hugs

wanda lou 12-04-2012 01:23 PM

K so good to hear from you.

nancia 12-04-2012 01:48 PM

i'm so glad you are all right, krystyna! we will be so happy to have you back! you made a wonderful choice of quiltingkrazy to administer for you/us. she has done beautifully! now, get a sewing machine--i have an extra if you want, and some fabric, and soothe your soul with quilting!

QuiltingKrazy 12-04-2012 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Lynnie25 (Post 5693825)
The postie always looks upset when he delivers my packages now and I don't open them up there and then so he can see what I get 'this month' - he knows there is a little quilt inside. Maybe one day I will show him one I have already received so he knows what he is delivering safely to me.

Maybe you should create a little mini quilt for the postie! i bet that would brighten his/her day!

Judith1005 12-04-2012 03:54 PM

Aw Krystyna, I am so glad you haven't lost your sense of humor. I am sending out good thoughts into the universe for you and your family. I am so sorry for all you lost. But, I am more glad that you and your family and pets made it out safely. And that all will continue to move forward. You are missed here on the QB.

And, I have to second the thought, Lisa, QuiltingKrazy is doing a wonderful job taking care of all of us. So thank you goes out to both of you.

Lynnie25 12-04-2012 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy (Post 5698721)
Maybe you should create a little mini quilt for the postie! i bet that would brighten his/her day!

Good thought, it is usually the same guy who delivers and I know he delivers fabric all the time to the LQS - could make him something for his delivery van.

TammyB 12-04-2012 10:51 PM

HobbyKat1955, Good to hear you are back home and things are hopefully getting back to somewhat "normal." Hope you had a good Thanksgiving too!