Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up for October 2012 Halloween or Sender's Choice Doll Quilt Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-october-2012-halloween-senders-choice-doll-quilt-swap-t201235.html)

Krystyna 10-26-2012 03:24 AM

Keep those prayers coming. It would be terrific if this thing moved out to sea.

Linny 10-26-2012 05:48 AM

Stay safe Krystyna......you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Dragonfly Nana 10-26-2012 02:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
DebbyG asked me to post a pic of the DQ I sent to her earlier in the month (the one I forgot to take a picture of - Duh)
She sent me a picture - so here it is. I called it "Witching Hour"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]372575[/ATTACH]

Dragonfly Nana 10-26-2012 02:10 PM

A big Thank You! going out the QuiltingCrazy for stepping in as alternate Hostess for November DQ Swap. Now the fun can keep on rolling!

Lynnie25 10-26-2012 02:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Have heard about the big storm heading US way, please stay safe Krystyna.

Eagleoneowl2u2 received my quilt a week ago and has probably been busy so hasn't posted a pic yet so I will put one up. She says she loved the quilt - it was a lot of fun to do and see the kangaroo is holding a little 'Tassie' basket ready for trick and treat ! :)

Lynnie25 10-26-2012 02:14 PM

I also added a little Witchy mugrug too.

Krystyna 10-26-2012 03:20 PM

Lyn, I know she loved it because she PM'd me to say so and now that I see it, I know why! That little roo is too cute!
Dragonfly Nana, another winner. What a happy little quilt!

As for me, we are not going to evacuate this time. I took the dogs to the dog park earlier -- it's right next to the boat ramp on the bay side of the sandbar -- and watched a huge line of boaters pulling their craft onto trailers. My hubby and son got most of the windows boarded up, and although my neighbors probably think we're nuts, my son won't be around too much for a couple of days, so at least it's done. I've got batteries galore, oil lamps, games to play, radios, including a hand crank one, comfort food and non-dairy creamer because if I don't have my coffee there's gonna be trouble! I do think I am going to suffer severe internet and QB withdrawal! And I never got a new belt for my treadle so it'll be hand sewing or nothing. WAH! I got them to put the boards upstairs on the inside so we can get out. A good friend who is quite knowledgeable told me there is the possibility that the full moon, high tide and storm surge can bring the water right up to our roof ... and I'm just not in the mood to drown in my bed. Other than that, God is good all the time so I have to have faith and trust ... and maybe I'll call my doctor tomorrow to see if I can get some Xanax :D

rwquilts 10-26-2012 03:47 PM

Will be praying for you through this storm my friend! :) Xanax sounds great! :)

Judith1005 10-26-2012 03:55 PM

Lots of prayers going out to you and for your familiy's safety Krystyna. I truly hope the storm does out to sea. I think this one sounds very scary!!

Judith1005 10-26-2012 03:59 PM

Lots of seriously cute October doll quilts coming in this month. I seriously want them all. (tsk tsk tsk, that is very sellfish of me.) It is my favorite holdiay for decorations and the mystery and thrills and chills. I love them all!!