Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Summer 2012 Postage Stamp Squares Swap-Sign up closes 9/15/2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/summer-2012-postage-stamp-squares-swap-sign-up-closes-9-15-2012-a-t194702.html)

goldendog55 09-15-2012 08:44 AM

I just got removed from this thread. I guess I'd better talk more!

Honchey 09-15-2012 05:25 PM

Hi, I mailed my30 sets of postage stamps yesterday...hope you get them soon.. Honchey/Anne

Mariposa 09-15-2012 06:04 PM

I received packages from: Honchey, dottie dodge, and Sherry from Mauldin, SC (?board name?) :)

Havplenty 09-16-2012 10:53 AM

Gosh it feels like forever since i have been on this board but that is what moving does to you. i still don't have my sewing stuff in place yet but it is coming soon.

now dressmakergurl to answer your question there are plenty of things to make with this little gems. here is a picture album on this board of quilts and such that others have made from these postage stamp squares. here is an online look at postage stamp quilts here is a comment i had posted earlier of some ps potholders and such that i made with these little gems. good luck with your projects.

Originally Posted by dressmakergurl (Post 5514277)
I have never used squares this small. I saw this swap and the Candy 2.5" squares. Ok ladies. Here is a dumb question. What patterns are best for these tiny squares? Someone said they were not hard to sew. I am not sure.
And I have to mail all the squares in baggie w/ my name and postage for return? What is the fastest way to cut 1.5"
squares?? Deadline to sign up is tomorrow and I am on vacation until tomorrow. So I have to do alot of cutting when I get home.

barri1 09-16-2012 01:26 PM

Right now I have all those nice little squares organized in tin pans, and am looking forward to throwing them in a bag, and grabbing two at a time. It's pretty neat that I have very few duplicates.
I'm hoping to start on my quilt by Nov. I have to finish a four quilt project. I still have the QAYG to put the 30X30" squares together, and bind. I started making them a year ago.

Twisted Quilter 09-16-2012 05:10 PM

Wow, it took Sept. 15th forever to get here. I'm waiting patiently Mariposa. :D

Mariposa 09-16-2012 05:12 PM

*We are waiting on a few more sets...... have 10 days to get to me yet. :)

peaceandjoy 09-17-2012 03:41 PM

Hanging my head in shame... My ps squares were sent off in such a rush that Mariposa noticed I didn't put my labels in my packages. If you get a snack-sized ziplock with no label, it's probably from me. It's another sure sign that I've got too much going on :(

Mariposa 09-17-2012 05:32 PM

peaceandjoy-- your baggies are labeled~ :)

Honchey 09-17-2012 08:02 PM

Barri1, Do you really put them in a bag then randomly pick 2??? Do you then put them in a bag to pick again??? I would have a hard time doing that. it's taking me forever to get a few blocks done...How big are you making them??