Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   "A WOMAN"S FAVORITE THINGS" funky swap... sign up closes August 15th (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/woman-s-favorite-things-funky-swap-sign-up-closes-august-15th-t187521.html)

ssnare 06-18-2012 06:44 PM

Cute dress hopetoquilt.

urgodschild2 06-19-2012 08:05 AM

Ok I checked my machine numbers. I have an Activia 230 and an Artista 200. I have disk for the Artista for embroidery but I have never used that machine and I have owned her for 5 years now. Shame on me. I am going to have to sit down and figure her out and get embroidering. I love what everyone has done so far. I have one set of tea pots done. They turned out real cute. Will take a picture and post but I am having trouble posting pictures for some crazy reason. I make my pictures real small too. I had no problem a week ago and now zilch.

QuilterMomma 06-19-2012 08:24 AM

Love that purple dress.

Great job urgodschild2. We will be excited to see the photos.

urgodschild2 06-19-2012 11:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]343209[/ATTACH]

Here is one set.

QuilterMomma 06-19-2012 12:18 PM

Oh i just got to have one of those blocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Judith1005 06-19-2012 12:27 PM

I love your TeaPots!! Very nice work. :)

ssnare 06-19-2012 01:08 PM

Oh, I collect miniature teapots. I hope I get one!

RedGarnet222 06-19-2012 01:23 PM

Both of those machines have tons of nice built-in embroidery designs, URGodschild2. You just need to read in the embroidery section a little to get them to work. (You push one start button and then you can scroll through the designs with the arrows or push the number you want to do outright using the numbers on the buttons below the start button) Make sure you use the right sized hoop and a good quality fabric. The cut away stablizer works on most all of the type embroidery. So, you could start out buying that type to begin with. It is a bit of a pill to cut the designs away from it, but, you leave a small part of it outside the design.

You should also be able to use the same type cards that I was speaking about. You look on the embroidery module front end and there should be a slot there to insert them. Once the card is in the module, the designs will load and they will be seen in the window on the sewing machine. You use the up and down arrows to scroll through them all to be able to choose one. If yours has a touch screen, just touch it! It will load and then you just push the start button to begin with your first thread color.

There is editing capabillities as well, but, don't worry about that to begin with. Just hop in there and play with it!

There are embroidery classes at the bernina distributor in your area. So maybe you might consider taking one if you are intimadated by it all. I didn't, but, I haven't had any trouble learning from the embroidery booklet that you get with the machine and the on line print out book for the lessons. (free at bernina.com)

Have fun with it! It isn't gonna bite you! LOL!

I love your hand made blocks. They are adorable!

RedGarnet222 06-19-2012 01:32 PM

I forgot to mention the other type of bernina embroidery machine I think you have is using your computer that you have loaded the bernina program into. The module is attached to the sewing machine then, It is connected to the computer by a cord and tells it what you want by the input you place into your computer by your choices. A little more updated than the 200.

QuilterMomma 06-19-2012 01:36 PM

My 165 uses the program and it is older than the 200. It is Artista program and works slick as ever,