Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 100 of 196 FirstFirst ... 50 90 99 100 101 110 150 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1959

Thread: Quilting Board's First Scrap Club

Blog Entries
    YAY!!!! Our mail has not come yet today. Will let you know when yours arrives on this end

Quote Originally Posted by ljptexas View Post
    I received my "goodie" from carrot today. Sooo cute, thank you!! How did you know my favorite color is blue?... It will come in handy with small stuff...
    A good friend is like a warm quilt wrapped
    around the heart

Karen

Blog Entries
    Here is a pattern that you can incorporate those scraps that is a controlled scrappy because of color of fabric choices. I have seen this done and it is so pretty.

http://foolsgoldca.susanmallery.com/...-patterns.html

you could even use up those fat quarters that are screaming to be used.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

snow dyeing

I am a dyer, and in snow dyeing, you put the fabric on the bottom with a draining container. Cover it with snow, pour dyes over it and wait for it to melt. Makes beautiful crystal designs! You can also do it with ice, but snow is more fun!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Thankyou, a beautiful sample of snow dying. What kind of fabric and dye do you use?? We have flurries, will have to wait till next year. I want to be ready for next time. Is fab wet or dry when you start. Can i use rit?
    Thankyou.

Quiltermomma, I'd be tempted to make the double heart pattern with a purple square joining the two hearts so it looks like they are blending (or should I say bleeding?) together.

Goldendogg....that is lovely. Thanks for explaining. Some winter day I just may have to try it. Happy Spring!

Did I say I received two wonderful blocks from goldendogg from our last swap? I still need to take pictures.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

It is here everose!!!!! I love everything from the cutest pincushion with prairy points, an awesome scrappy patttern with templates made by Di's (everose) DH (special thanks to him too), the most lovely note and an awesome I Spy kids scrappy quilt top. I need to practice my free motion quilting and I live in a house full of kids and have grand babies so this top found its right home. The best of all it is all scrappy. How did you know all my favorites? Thank you! I hope you enjoy my scrappy gift and other gifties. I will ask DH to take pictures tonight of everything everose send.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    goldendog55, I love the snow dying. I haven't ever seen/done anything like it. Would love more info if you can.

Anna, I'm so glad it arrived safely and that it works with you and your family.

I'm working on another scrappy with the templates that DH made for Anna and me. Looking at the scrap buckets, they do multiply when we aren't looking. And as we will be moving in 2 years, I better get some sewing done.

Have a great weekend!!!
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the LIFE, in your years. (Abe Lincoln)

"The Best" The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. (Helen Keller)

Have you ever noticed that scraps start to take over the sewing life so much that the fabric you bought....you know the coordinating sets and favorite yardage....just languishes in the stash like forlorn little princesses while you valiantly battle the scrap monster? Don't follow that analogy to far or we all become masculine toads and I will only go so far to fight down those scraps! Oh dear, it's late. Goodnight!
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    Here is a pattern that you can incorporate those scraps that is a controlled scrappy because of color of fabric choices. I have seen this done and it is so pretty.

http://foolsgoldca.susanmallery.com/...-patterns.html

you could even use up those fat quarters that are screaming to be used.
    I love the hearts pattern! Really pretty pattern!

Blog Entries
    Judy I love how your dying came out! really pretty with all the blending going on.

Page 100 of 196 FirstFirst ... 50 90 99 100 101 110 150 ... LastLast