Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: February Scrappy Hunters Star block swap

February Scrappy Hunters Star block swap

Welcome to our Hunter Star block swap. We will be making scrappy Hunter Star blocks 8 ” unfinished using the easier piecing method pictured below. This is an example only to show the pattern. You do not need to use a ‘gold’ or yellow print for half of the Hunter’s Star block.

Name:  Hunters Star quilt block.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  51.2 KB

Please use one print for half of the block shown in ‘gold’ and a neutral light-colored fabric for the other half of the quilt block. The goal is a good light/dark contrast. Please check the internet for examples of Scrappy Hunter’s Star quilts for ideas and inspiration!

Print fabric: (same print per block)
    4 ” square

Light colored fabric: (same print per block)
    4 ” square

There are lots of choices available for the light side of our Hunter’s Star blocks! Think: neutrals or small prints with a lighter background.

8 Half Square Triangles (HST’s) 2 ” unfinished from the same print/light background fabric.

We will be making these blocks in sets of six. You may send as many as 4 sets of six blocks (24 blocks) to be swapped. Please PM me with:

Your screen name
    Your real name
    Address/city/state/zip

The mailing deadline is FEBRUARY 15TH. Please include $6.80 In postage for a return Padded Flat Rate Envelope. Please label your quilt blocks. Any blocks not labeled will be returned unswapped.

BE SURE to include your full mailing address. As long as we have at least 8 swappers we will be making and swapping Hunter Star blocks each month so we all will have a great scrappy assortment for our quilts!!
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-20-2018 at 02:01 PM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps
    Jane

Happy New Year everyone! I worked NYE and NY day and now we're back at it. Yeah!!!

As some of you may know, I moved in December so please PM me for my new mailing address.
    Jane

Blog Entries
    What colors do you wish us to use in lieu of the gold? Are there any colors that you specifically do want? I'm really interested in joining in.
    Housework is for those who don't quilt!

Here are some examples:

Name:  Hunter Star blocks August.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  177.0 KB

Name:  November HS blocks.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  519.9 KB
    Name:  HS SEPT 2 SETS.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  322.5 KB

These are blocks I've made over the past months. Hope it gives you some ideas!
    Jane

i'm in again. it was my turn to present a block at guild this past month, winner takes all, hope I win then I could finish this quilt! I had a lot of muslin scraps to share and they will provide the colors. we have never done a HS block before and I was eager to share it with them.

Great Glasqlts! I hope you'll post pictures of some of the HS blocks from your guild.
    Jane

Blog Entries
    I am thrilled to say that NWBusymom and I pooled our blocks together to get this wedding quilt completed. NWBusymom will be quilting with a Baptist Fan. I had the fun of piecing it. It is 80 x 80 but could not get the whole thing in the photo
    Name:  hunter.JPG
Views: 160
Size:  151.7 KB
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    I am thrilled to say that NWBusymom and I pooled our blocks together to get this wedding quilt completed. NWBusymom will be quilting with a Baptist Fan. I had the fun of piecing it. It is 80 x 80 but could not get the whole thing in the photo
    Name:  hunter.JPG
Views: 160
Size:  151.7 KB
    Looks good! The baptist fan sounds like a fun way to quilt it. Please post when it is done. Great job QM and NWbusymom!
    Anna Quilts

Like your Quilt Anna Quilts and QuilterMomma

Fabulous quilt! Great job!
    Jane

This is who I have so far:

Rosemary
    glasqlts
    jclinganrey

Please let me know for sure if you're participating as we need a MINIMUM of 8 swappers.
    Jane

If we don't have at least 8 swappers by Jan 27th then I'll cancel the swap and return all received blocks.
    Jane

Since we don't have enough swappers, I'm calling this swap a wrap. Thanks to everyone who participated. We saw many wonderful Hunter's Star blocks and some really cool fabrics and color combinations. I appreciate all the enthusiasm and encouragement among everyone on the threads over the past several months.

What a great group! I hope to see some more amazing pictures of your great scrappy Hunter's Star quilts.

Thanks again!
    Jane

thank you Jane for all your work. I'm sorry to see this group end.

Blog Entries
    I'm sorry, too, to see it end, but I got some amazing blocks from many board members. They are not yet assembled, but waiting in a project box. I've counted and have enough for a queen size quilt. I will get around to assembling and posting in the future. Thanks to all the swappers that participated, and to Jane especially for all her hard work. This quilt will provide special memories......Jane Q

Thanks ladies. Never fear. I'll be hosting another swap again in a few months.
    Jane