Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 45 of 196 FirstFirst ... 35 44 45 46 55 95 145 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilting Board's First Scrap Club

Happily buried in a heap of fabric in Indiana!
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxflower View Post
    How big is it? How big were the original squares? Are they cotton or blends, etc? What age are the fabrics? It looks like it's crib size right now. What do you want to do with it when it's done?
    I don't remember what size it is . I will have to get it out and measure again. I'm not sure what types but I believe they are blends. I had posted pictures a while back and think the fabrics are from the 50's to the 70's but not sure. I think it may be crib size. I want to make a throw for our couch as I cover up and fall asleep watching tv sometimes. hee hee!
    Sew, sew, it's the threads that keep love together :>} I love sunbonnet sue,old-fashioned things like 1950's or older housewife things, and like hankies,tea towels and aprons . Thanks to some lovely members on here I now have lots of aprons in my collection !!

Well sewred, I have some 4.5" squares from the same era that you may have if you like. They were given to me and I don't have a specific project for them. If they would help you finish your project as you want it I would be happy to send them to you. I threw some away I thought might be blends but some that I kept may be as well. Most are brights, then there are some blue floral prints and a purple print. There is a big stack of coordinating florals. The flowers are the same and there are 3 different background colors, a red, a green, and a blue. Again they are bright and there is enough to make a good size quilt with them. Those I believe are a blend (didn't wrinkle when I washed and dried them) and are vibrant 70s colors. PM me if any of these appeal to you.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

I wanted to post my orphan blocks that I would like to swap. These were blocks made for swaps and we didn't have enough participate so we got our own blocks back. I have one of the Christmas Geese, 4 of the middle one, it is called the Salt Lake City Block, and 2 of the Leaves and Diamonds block. These are 12 1/2 inch blocks. I would like to see what others have to swap if you could please post them. Thanks, Vinae
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image 

Quote Originally Posted by javin22 View Post
    I wanted to post my orphan blocks that I would like to swap. These were blocks made for swaps and we didn't have enough participate so we got our own blocks back. I have one of the Christmas Geese, 4 of the middle one, it is called the Salt Lake City Block, and 2 of the Leaves and Diamonds block. These are 12 1/2 inch blocks. I would like to see what others have to swap if you could please post them. Thanks, Vinae
    PM me. I will swapp with you. I have orphane christmas and fall. Thanks!
    Angel Wings, Butterfly Kisses and Faere Dust for all!!!!

Peggy {Boop56}

Has anyone mentioned using scrapes and making what they call 'dryer sheet' quilts?
    Angel Wings, Butterfly Kisses and Faere Dust for all!!!!

Peggy {Boop56}

May I suggest using something else for foundation then the dryer sheets. They are highly flamable and many people are severely allergic to dryer sheets/fabric softner.
    Anna Quilts

I do not know what "dryer sheet" quilts. I have orphan blocks I would like to trade. Some are spring, some are Christmas and others. I have Christmas blocks: ( 4) 12 1/2", (2) 9 1/2", (1) 6/12". Spring blocks: (13) 12 1/", (4) 9 1/2", (1) 8", (3) 6 1/2". Misc.: (3) 121/2", (2) 9 1/2", (9) 6 1/2", (4) 5", and (3) 4 1/2" blocks I would like to trade. If someone wants to trade, please let me know.

This is a scrappy that I have been working on. It is really easy and it just takes a 1 1/4 inch strip of two colors to make two 6 inch blocks. If anyone is interested, I could give more details. It is great for small left overs. Or if you have 2 1/2 inch jelly roll strips you could cut two in half lengthwise. I just love the contrast and pattern it creates.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 

Lovely javin22 Could you posted a tute on his thread how to make these blocks?
    Anna Quilts

Yes, I wonder if we can put a video on here. I will figure something out if not. This block is called night and day and it is from an old quick quilts magazine. I will see what I can do in the next few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
    Lovely javin22 Could you posted a tute on his thread how to make these blocks?

Page 45 of 196 FirstFirst ... 35 44 45 46 55 95 145 ... LastLast