Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 111 of 134 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 110 111 112 121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1331

Thread: Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011

I don't have anything right either but would also be willing to help somewhere along in the process....fabric or blocks.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

i might be able to help i have a finished log cabin variation (just need binding) that is antique blues and cream,tan white. it has civil war prints in it but isent totaly civil war its controled scrappy. and i have another finished top all blue ,green, purple LQS batiks. i would need help with backing for that and shipping since we are short on $ and fabric is quite a bit more expensive up here. let me know if your interested.

that is so kind of you to offer. The quilt sounds like it might be a good fit. I like the description of it. Very pretty. Let me know if Jillaine decides to go this way. I'll send a couple dollars and maybe others could too to make this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by lindy-2 View Post
    i might be able to help i have a finished log cabin variation (just need binding) that is antique blues and cream,tan white. it has civil war prints in it but isent totaly civil war its controled scrappy. and i have another finished top all blue ,green, purple LQS batiks. i would need help with backing for that and shipping since we are short on $ and fabric is quite a bit more expensive up here. let me know if your interested.
    Anna Quilts

Lindy-2, if this works out and you could send me the quilt top unfinished, I'd be willing to get the batting and back on it - then if someone else wants to help with the rest of it, it would be a true guild group project. Let me know.
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

just waiting to see what Jillian says and what the person with the missing partner whants.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post
    Lindy-2, if this works out and you could send me the quilt top unfinished, I'd be willing to get the batting and back on it - then if someone else wants to help with the rest of it, it would be a true guild group project. Let me know.

Blog Entries
    I am willing to help out $$ wise also. I hope you are all still watching this thread. My partner and I have not swapped yet !
    A good friend is like a warm quilt wrapped
    around the heart

Karen

Blog Entries
    Count me in as donating some $$$ for finishing the quilt or for sending the quilt off.....

I will also donate money to the backing and quilting. It is heartbreaking to know that someone in this group made and sent her quilt and did not receive hers in return. I just don't understand how someone could do this. Hopefully knowing that her quilt will truly be a group effort and out of love, will make the quilt really special to her.

Linda58
    Linda58

"A human being has a natural desire to have more of a good thing than he needs." --Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone! I'm communicating with Lindy about details. I'll post more info shortly. YOU ARE ALL AWESOME!
    jillaine
    Bust Your Stash! (ongoing and open)

Blog Entries
    As for why we lose people in swaps, life happens. It's been my experience with this swap that sometimes life has gotten in the way. What I really don't like, though, is when people don't communicate. I'd MUCH rather see "Hey, life's getting in the way; I can't meet my commitment" than to see thin air.

AND having said all that, I am AMAZED that despite what life has thrown several participants in this swap, including bypass surgery and family emergencies, they STILL managed to finish a quilt for a stranger.
    jillaine
    Bust Your Stash! (ongoing and open)

Page 111 of 134 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 110 111 112 121 ... LastLast