Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jillaine View Post
    There is no reason to wait until 1 July 2012 to send your quilt to your partner. That's simply the "by when". If you're finished and want to send it on, by all means...!

sadly I disagree....what if the other partner is not ready..this will make them feel pressured...also what if you send to your partner and then 3 months from now find out that partner is no longer around...

I think a hard fast deadline to ship is better for everyone! That would level the playing field greatly. OR, if both of partners are finished and agree to ship at the same time!
    THere needs to be some protection for everyone in this!

Quote Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
    sadly I disagree....what if the other partner is not ready..this will make them feel pressured...also what if you send to your partner and then 3 months from now find out that partner is no longer around...

I think a hard fast deadline to ship is better for everyone! That would level the playing field greatly. OR, if both of partners are finished and agree to ship at the same time!
    Why not leave it between the swap partners?

I wouldn't want my partner to put pressure on his/herself because they received their project from me before the deadline. We all have different responsibilities and schedules. The July deadline is just that-all swaps must be completed and in the mail by/on that date. And, I like to believe most people are honest and have every intention of following through on their commitments.

It's all about fun, right? Right.

Quote Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post

I think the partners can work this out together. I wouldn't feel pressured if I received my quilt early. I go by the deadline and will mail it on time or earlier. I won't expect anything in return before the deadline passes. No pressure, just reasonable expectation.

Blog Entries
    I would concur with others that swap partners can figure this out for themselves. That said, let's all be sensitive to the issue of pressure. If ANYONE feels pressured, please share so with your partner. And if you need some support, contact me. -- Jillaine
    jillaine

Blog Entries
    I shoot for the deadline and if I get it done sooner, all the better. Since I am doing two, I have to stay to task. In fact, was sewing on one this weekend. Have to go get a different border for the block sashing. The one I cut out is not a good color. I must remember to sample before cutting. I have the other cut up. (I think I am a Edward Scissor Hand because I love to cut fabric up) Sitting there ready for me to get going on it. I will be teaching a quilt class this Saturday so may not get on them again. We will see. Depends on how hard the child pushes me to exercise. LOl
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Been thinking about your Mystery Quilt, QMomma!!! And why not?-since I think it will be mine someday!! I have all the fabric now for yours and most cut, so very soon I'll be piecing it!
    jillnjo

I spent this past weekend cutting on Carol Doak Stars, a BOM block and my swap quilt. Here is a quick post of the colors I've chosen for my swap. Hope my partner likes the colors - they are in her 'like' range. Everything is cut out and hopefully tomorrow I'll actually have time to sit and sew (have a church luncheon, so that cuts my day in half but...). I like the idea of working out the shipping deadline with my partner, I know she's already working on the one to come this way. I applaud QMomma for doing more than one - I have so many irons in the fire, it's be suicide for me to do another. Oh, well, here's my post --
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Oh my what gorgeous fabrics can't wait to see the end result

I have most of the fabrics selected, just need to add a couple more and work out just how I am going to modify the pattern I am using to fit with that I want to do, trust me to make it more complicated than it should be.

Hope to make a start on it at the weekend. Have my daughter home at present and spending lots of time shopping, walking and she brought home a bundle of clothes she wants alterations done to so plugging away on those. Itching to get into 'real' sewing though
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Selvedge Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

Blog Entries
    Since you have been thinking about it, I decided to rip a couple blocks out and put a different fabric in because they are odd men out so want them more unison. Husband says it would look better. So jillnjo, you get the DH opinion in this one. You want me to send a photo to you before I mail so I know you like it? It does have a brown sashing strip in it will that be ok? I like how it frames the blocks a bit differently. I like it, but that is me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jillnjo View Post
    Been thinking about your Mystery Quilt, QMomma!!! And why not?-since I think it will be mine someday!! I have all the fabric now for yours and most cut, so very soon I'll be piecing it!
    Last edited by QuilterMomma; 01-03-2012 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Reread quote

Blog Entries
    I'll stick to defined date. Expect everyone post pictures of what was sent/received.
    My partner and I agreed on a surprise quilt, so no pics before each of us receive it.
    It feels like birthday or Xmas present !
    loving retirement

QuilterMomma; I trust you(and your hubby)to make a good decision. I'd like to be surprised like ligia says she would. I've seen your work and was admiring my DQ from you just the other day!N.
    jillnjo

Blog Entries
    Just want to be sure it is right that is all. Want you happy with it.

Blog Entries
    I must say, I have the best partners on this board. They are just so wonderful.

Fabric selected (tick) pattern selected (and revamped) (tick) now I'm ready to start cutting vanogay, your quilt is in the making, so the countdown is on just don't count too quickly
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Selvedge Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

I have started cutting also. I can't wait to see how it turns out.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Blog Entries
    Pattern and Fabric are in hand..just letting you know!

Blog Entries
    I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes, just LOVING to see the exchanges and so moved that you are having a good time, and building anticipation. THIS is what I wanted out of starting this swap, and it's happening. Still crying. I'm such a sap.
    jillaine

Jillaine, you're sweet. Hosting a swap must be kind of like watching a baby grow. I'm sure it takes lots of nurturing at least!

I've started sewing. Still have some cutting to do too. Talk about anticipation. I made a little practice piece from different fabric but otherwise what I'm making is a new pattern to me. I can't wait to see how it turns out! I love the pattern and fabric so I think it's going to be awesome. I think it also meets all my patner's preferences, at least I hope so!
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Blog Entries
    I would say that we all really wanted to do this and that is why we are getting along. It was the match ups. We love who we are sewing for. We know they will be appreciated when they get to their new homes. Ahhhh, just keep the tears coming. We are so glad to make you happy also.

Blog Entries
    Hi, FF saw you here this morning, thought I'd say hello. Working on my quilt too. Saw another pattern that I'm going to cut out today so I will have an extra one. I'm thinking it may be even better than the one I'm working on. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxflower View Post
    I have started cutting also. I can't wait to see how it turns out.
    Jigs1354
    A clean house is the sign of an empty mind, a house has to be done again tomorrow, but hand work last for ever.
    By Unknown

Wow Jigs. 2?! at the same time. Choices, choices. I have the basic cutting and the first step of sewing all done. Finally made some real progress! I think it will be great but if I get it going and find I don't like it (it's going to have a scrappy look) well then I'll still have time to make adjustments. Onward and upward.

im doing a log cabin and i have only the last row off logs to put on so i should be able to get to laying it out by the end off the month. i whant to get my quilt done by february since i sighned up for two swaps and i have a baby due in april so whant to get them peiced befor the baby comes. just waighting to hear back from my second swap partner about her colors.

Hi all,
    I posted a couple of 'progress pictures' of QuilterMomma's quilt over on our board. We've been 'chatting' and she said it was okay to post pics of the progression. I exceeded my goal today on her quilt-that was to applique one block and have each of the blocks done by the end of the week. Today I got each of the blocks fused ( I use the donut method), wasn't counting on that, but hey, I was on a roll.

I'm very excited to get the appliquing done and move on the the next step because I could go a few different ways as far a choice of fabric goes.

Watch for updates...

best,
    d

Blog Entries
    I am so bad, had to look. I just dearly love it. I needed this to cheer me up. One of my daughters was in a car accident yesterday. She is ok, just bruised and banged up a bit. Terrible seat belt burn. We are lucky. The car needs repair now, just fixed other daughter's car, my truck needs repair, husband still out of work and I went on a diet. Thank you Whigrose for the peak. The colors are perfect to me.

I'm sorry about your daughter! And thankful she is safe and not hurt seriously. I checked the quilt for you, too, and wow!-it's lovely!! Vehicle repairs are one thing that is terrible-takes lots of money,usually. Hope things start looking up for you and your family. N.
    jillnjo

Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast