Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    Welll, I had to throw one of the ones I started for a partner out and start over. Is anyone else running into that?
    Made 2 blocks but did not like the choice as I thought I would.
    Found another pattern , kept the color way.
    Does it help if I say its blue ? No pics tho.
    loving retirement

Blog Entries
    Thanks ligia, you make me feel better.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

QuilterMomma,
    I've been cutting the applique pieces for the borders today. I've dry-placed them onto a couple of the borders to keep me inspired and motivated.

Question - do you want me to post a pic of your quilt at this stage, or do you now want to wait until you receive it?

best,
    d
    My best is the least I can do.

Blog Entries
    Whatever you want to do is fine. I love watiching it grow. I am sure everyone else would love to see it because it is so pretty. It is turning out so perfect for me.

Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    I love watiching it grow.

Posted an updated photo of QuilterMomma's quilt top in progress.

I was finishing up the cutting of pieces last night and couldn't help myself - I just had to pin more of the parts up on the design board.

I will not be able to work on it this weekend ( I have an ALA conference). Waaah..... it's fun watching it develop.

best,
    d

Blog Entries
    You have to look at it, it is awesome, terrific, perfect for me. You ladies have got to look at it. This is not something I would do for myself at all. It makes it even more special.
    Last edited by QuilterMomma; 01-20-2012 at 03:14 PM.

I posted a peak at the fabrics I'll be using for my quilt. The background fabric is only a sliver at the top right hand side of the photo(a small cream and blue print). I have laid it all out and think it will look great-hope you like what you see, QuilterMomma! jillnjo.
    jillnjo

Blog Entries
    That is a lot of beautiful fabric. Makes me really wonder what the pattern is to fit all of that fabric. Yummmmmmmmy

That's the secret!! The tiny check is only the binding, I'll tell you that much!
    jillnjo

Quote Originally Posted by jillnjo View Post
    I posted a peak at the fabrics I'll be using for ...hope you like what you see, QuilterMomma! jillnjo.
    Jill Jo,
    Love your fabrics for QM's quilt. I have a couple of 'wonder if' ideas. Will be fun to see what you do.

Best,
    d

Thanks for all the private and posted messages regarding the quilt I am doing for QuilterMomma.

To answer some of your questions, I am doing machine appliqué, and yes, there are two batiks being used in the flower petals and on the border swags.

Best,
    d

Quote Originally Posted by Whigrose View Post
    You could always start a new thread and title it 'spoiler for -insert partner name-. That way she knows not to look and the rest of us can gush over your selections and work.

Best,
    d

Now why didn't I think of that??? My partner wants to be surprised, but I'd like to get some in-put from ya'll.
    Happiness is a form of travel...not a destination.

Yes, let's all share some little peaks at fabrics and patterns being made!
    jillnjo

Blog Entries
    its so funny almost everyone ended up with a secret thingy !
    Mine's in the works. All cut, half pieced, so far so good.
    It's hard to find the "peak" thread tho.
    Kristin - where are you ?
    Have a nice week everyone
    loving retirement

Blog Entries
    If anyone needs more details from their partner's questionnaire, just PM me, and I'll send you what they sent me. I tried to summarize it in the initial matching email, but if you want more info, let me know. Alternatively, you could also just ask your partner. :-)
    jillaine

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I like the idea of posting a spoiler alert! I have my applique blocks done and have a layout designed in EQ, but would like some input!

After changing my mind I have finally found the quilt I am making. My daughter's in-laws gave me some old hard back quilting books for Christmas. I found a pattern that I really like and like making. It has stars and log cabin blocks in it. My first quilts were log cabin blocks, and I do enjoy making them. I also like making stars so it all fits. Better get back to the fun and good times I am having.
    Grandmeto6 aka Judy

How to do a 'Spoiler for xxx (insert your partner's name)'

If you would like to post a photo or ask for suggestions about the quilt you are making for your swap partner, I suggested starting a new thread and title it 'Spoiler_ for (insert your swap partner's name'). I tried to do a 'screen print' shot for a visual but my machine isn't cooperating so you're getting text.

Once on the Quilting Board, select the 'Home' tab, go to 'Community' tab, select ' Group'. It should open up a page that has (among other stuff) a section titled 'Quilt for Quilters Swap 2011'. Look under the photos area for the tab that reads '+ Post New Discussion'. This will open up a new thread for you. Each person who is interested in posting photos or asking questions will have to do this since this is how XXXperson will know to not open this discussion.

Do not post photos in the Group Photo section. This opens up everytime you go to this page. By starting a 'new discussion' and posting your photos in the thread, your partner would only be able to see the pics if they read your entry.

If you are concerned, do a test.

Hope this helps.

best,
    d

Quote Originally Posted by ligia View Post
    its so funny almost everyone ended up with a secret thingy !
    Mine's in the works. All cut, half pieced, so far so good.
    It's hard to find the "peak" thread tho.
    Kristin - where are you ?
    Have a nice week everyone
    The easy way for me to find the group thread to see the pictures of our quilts, ect. is, just click on one of the our board names here in this thread or your own profile, and on our profile page the group tag is right below our info! Click on that spot and you are there~~unless you do not belong to the group, of course.
    Maybe this will help someone.
    jillnjo

sounds like me - I've changed my mind 3 times already. I think I finally settled on the pattern that i am going to use; I have most of the fabric I need for it already, which helps. I am going to have to get one or two more colors to round it out though. (I have way too much blue and purple in my stash and not enough of anything else, it seems.)

Doesn't help that I've had a flu bug for the last 9 days and today is the first day that I've felt halfway human since I got it. Plus I started nursing school in December and that is kicking my rear. It's been 35 years since I was in high school and omg we didn't use calculators then.. and I need to learn how to use one of those fancy scientific ones for math & science class immediately. I can convert fabric yardages in my head but math formulas.. UGH.

Blog Entries
    Well Keptwench, that is too funny. Maybe because you live in "Margaritaville" that is why the calculator is so hard. LOL, just funning you. The kids ask me how to use one of those "scientific" calculators and I say good luck. Give me the adding machine any day.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I have posted a SPOILER alert here....
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post4911539

let me know what you think!

Blog Entries
    I have my partners quilts all cut out and ready to sew. It took me some time to do the one over again because I changed up the fabrics from the pattern. I added more to it for some different dimension. Having fun working with pastels. Oh yeah, learning so much. May just have to go a little crazy. Ah, I can add some bright on the back can't I. Have to put a little of ourselves into it right?

Jacquie, saw your spoiler and posted there on my thoughts. Gonna be great.
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Can we make a quilt without a little of ourselves in it? I know I find myself coming out in everything I design and choose! I am working on a little quilt now and I stepped back to really look at it and thought "that's the same 2 colors I have put together several other times". I will do that without even thinking! It's what makes the world go 'round, I guess.
    jillnjo

Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 ... LastLast