Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Whigrose View Post
    Hi all,
    I posted a couple of 'progress pictures' of QuilterMomma's quilt over on our board.

Watch for updates...

best,
    d
    Where can I see them, pls ?
    loving retirement

Blog Entries
    Jillaine, don't cry, were good. I've had PM's from my partner almost everyday if not everyday. Got one today from her and she's found 2 patterns to choose from. I'm jumping for joy, that's very exciting. We are having a great time and when it's said & done we'll have the most beautiful quilts ever. Soooooooooo excting to wait for this quilt to be made & shipped off to a new home. Save some tears because you WILL need some for the finish!!

Quote Originally Posted by jillaine View Post
    I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes, just LOVING to see the exchanges and so moved that you are having a good time, and building anticipation. THIS is what I wanted out of starting this swap, and it's happening. Still crying. I'm such a sap.
    Jigs1354
    A clean house is the sign of an empty mind, a house has to be done again tomorrow, but hand work last for ever.
    By Unknown

Blog Entries
    The Quilt for Quilters Swap "Group Page" is here:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/groups/...1-2012-g8.html

This is where you can post photos of your quilts-- in progress or whatever-- if you and your partner agree. A number of partners are keeping it a surprise. Totally up to you and your partner how you want to do it.

QuilterMomma, sorry to hear about your family's woes. Do you have a PayPal account set up? I bet a number of us would be willing to contribute a little something to ease the financial part.

-- Jillaine
    jillaine

Blog Entries
    I do have a PayPal, but that is fine and thank you. If worse case scenerio happens, will accept.

Good news, my daughter who was in accident, the Lord has really sped up her healing. Even the burn mark that was so large, it looks like a knife slash is all. It is nearly healed. She hardly sore, a little in the neck, but the rest of her is feeling fine. It is definitely all the wonderful prayers. Not sure on the other three, but things will work out. Keep the prayers coming.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    Oh, my off the books mechanic fixed my truck for only $125. He needed the money and I needed it fixed. Not sure on total of daughter's car, but hopefully this body repairman will be just as cheap.

Whew! I have all the blocks sewn for Maggiesmom's quilt (unless they start griping about needing a bigger party )
    Now to decide how to lay them out...

Hi all,
    Take a stroll over to our board for an update on QuilterMomma's quilt.

best,
    d
    My best is the least I can do.

Whigrose....I think some people don't know you mean our swap's group page. It took me awhile to figure that out too.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Well I can't find our swaps group page, Help
    http://www.skillpages.com/DonnaValleyquiltermo
    Sweet Dreams come from under Cozy Quilts made with love.
    Life is short, take time to enjoy it. Play with your kids and g-kids,
    and do what you can for others.

[QUOTE=jillaine;4873200]The Quilt for Quilters Swap "Group Page" is here:

This is where you can post photos of your quilts-- in progress or whatever-- if you and your partner agree. A number of partners are keeping it a surprise. Totally up to you and your partner how you want to do it.

See Jillaine's post.

Whigrose - that is gorgeous! BTW - got my block - I absolutely love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Foxflower View Post
    Whigrose....I think some people don't know you mean our swap's group page. It took me awhile to figure that out too.
    Fox flower, thanks for mentioning some folks might need a bit of direction. Sometimes I get confused where things should be posted around here.

Best,
    d

Blog Entries
    Welll, I had to throw one of the ones I started for a partner out and start over. I do not think it is good enough. Is anyone else running into that? At least Whigrose's is going along fine.

Didn't have to throw any away yet, but had to rip out a bunch of seams and turn em' around. I'm sure your effort will be appreciate. I worked on the one I'm making today at quilt guild and was able to complete the sewing on 1/2 the block as well on my way with the others.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

I have posted a pic of the fabrics I am using for my partner's bargello style quilt in the Group Photo Album. Have a few rows started and making slow progress but overall pleased with it so far.
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Selvedge Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    Welll, I had to throw one of the ones I started for a partner out and start over. I do not think it is good enough. Is anyone else running into that? At least Whigrose's is going along fine.
    QuilterMomma,
    Hope it wasn't mine; I know you have been working on both of our quilts. I will appreciate anything you do for me. Relax and go with it.

best,
    d

Banned
    Blog Entries
    my partner wants her quilt to be a surprise..it is killing me not to show the beginning blocks....

Blog Entries

Update on my progress..

Fabric and Pattern
    Washed and pressed fabric

I plan on starting the cutting today!

did my swap partner want to be surprised?
    or would you like to see the fabrics and process?

We still have plenty of time..but i will to keep our swap hostess updated! Kim

Quote Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
    my partner wants her quilt to be a surprise..it is killing me not to show the beginning blocks....
    You could always start a new thread and title it 'spoiler for -insert partner name-. That way she knows not to look and the rest of us can gush over your selections and work.

Best,
    d

Blog Entries
    So ladies all except jillnjo, take a look and see if these blocks should be thrown out and if the new color way will meet the pastels/summer cottage look. My blocks I used what I had and is the fabric line mostly of what she wanted, but when I went to put them together with the sashing I did have, had to throw out because was off then I put in new sashing that seemed to coordinate, but lost the pastel feel of the quilt. Did not realize I am not good at pastels. When making for a fellow quilter, you want it to be just right and loose sight of the fact that we just appreciate getting one.

I posted a few pictures on the pictures board... my partner likes surprises! SO NO PEEKING maggiesmom
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post4883621

Blog Entries
    Cutting Complete!

Great idea but I know I would not be able to resist. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Whigrose View Post
    You could always start a new thread and title it 'spoiler for -insert partner name-. That way she knows not to look and the rest of us can gush over your selections and work.

Best,
    d
    Anna Quilts

Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    So ...the pastels/summer cottage look.
    QuilterMomma,
    We all want to please our swap partners but part of the difficulty is what might be lost in the interpretation of the styles we likes. Maybe another 'chat' with your partner might be helpful. Too bad we couldn't have access to the questionarie we filled out when we joined the swap - it could be so helpful. I do understand the complexity of attempting to do something like that, though.

FWIW - For instance, to me, summer cottage would be clear colors, blues, whites and possibly some red; not necessarily solids. Cottage indicates ocean to me. Summer cottage is definately the whites & blues. I'm betting you'll get lots of interpretations on this one.

Pastels are easy - they are the soft, muted colors, no muddy colors or tones found in prim or some country prints. Soft pinks and yellow, some soft whites, etc. I would avoid browns and mustard golds, etc.

Not sure I'm any help here but I do think you are on track with some of the fabrics in your sets of blocks you have started.

best,
    d

Blog Entries
    Oh just laugh at me. I know I am looking at interpretation. I have been talking with jillnjo and she is so wonderful in being agreeable. I am just overthinking it maybe. I saw a pattern in the lqs last night that is actually called summer cottage but had the boldest florals. I loved it, but was definitely not the pastel frame. I did find a pattern from Shabby Chic that has the soft pastels and so will go with that. I think that is why the one I started was not "pastel" enough in my interpretation. Jillnjo is such a sweety. Good thing I do not have any issues with yours huh Whigrose? And I definitely love the one you are making for me!!

Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast