Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rhonda's Quilt Block Swap for June 2013

Blog Entries
    I have picked out my quilt block for June. I don't want to say which, because last time I switched. lol... I am pretty sure though it will be the Rolling Stars Block as long as I have the fabric and colors that will be ok with my partner.
    "Sometimes it's OK
    if the only thing
    you did today
    was breathe."

Good friends are right there with you.

Can I join please
    "Our deeds determine us as much as we determine our deeds" George Eliot

Blog Entries
    Okay here we go with the list again! I hope you enjoy the swap!

1.berryberry
    2.JuneBillie
    3.Queenof2802

I received May block from berryberry today. Thank you! Very cute yellow and blue block ...My quilt is going to be really great when I get all these blocks put together.

I would like to be in the game again for June.

Blog Entries
    Okay here we go with the list again! I hope you enjoy the swap!

1.berryberry
    2.JuneBillie
    3.Queenof2802
    4.AlaskaAlice
    5.Stitchengramie

Blog Entries
    Hi everyone! Has anyone thought about your colors yet? I guess most are waiting until you get your swap partners name. I think I am getting anxious to decide on my colors. lol....
    "Sometimes it's OK
    if the only thing
    you did today
    was breathe."

Blog Entries
    I am also paying a lot more attention to my 1/4 inch seams. These tiny pieces have a way of making me doing that. lol..I have already for this one been adjusting my machine for that, and I don't have the specific quarter inch foot, but I think I am going to order it soon. Very soon! I know most of you are probably very experienced piecers, and quilters, but I am a beginner so you will have to put up with all my zeal into this. lol...
    "Sometimes it's OK
    if the only thing
    you did today
    was breathe."

Quote Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
    I am also paying a lot more attention to my 1/4 inch seams. These tiny pieces have a way of making me doing that. lol..I have already for this one been adjusting my machine for that, and I don't have the specific quarter inch foot, but I think I am going to order it soon. Very soon! I know most of you are probably very experienced piecers, and quilters, but I am a beginner so you will have to put up with all my zeal into this. lol...
    I'm a beginner too. I find this swap helps me work on my skills. This is my second month in this swap. One of the things I learned in last month's swap is color contrast. I did a light blue with large yellow flowers, light blue with little yellow flowers, solid yellow and yellow with blue flowers. It was okay but my swap partner did a blue with purple and green, a dark purple, a solid green and then a pale yellow. With the size of the blocks, the one multi color fabric and then 3 solids I really liked. I'll learn.

I'm waiting until I have a chance to find out what/ if any particular colors or style fabric my swap buddy prefers. I did already pick out which of the Rhonda's blocks I'm going to make. Each month I want to make a different one to work on my skills.
    Last edited by berryberry; 06-04-2013 at 06:26 PM.

Blog Entries
    Yes that is exactly what I am going to do to berryberry as far as a different block each time. I am having to learn the contrast too. Hopefully, we will see more pictures soon too. I also ran into the problem of a nest when getting to the middle seams. I read some about them, but still not quite sure what to do. I have been pressing my seams open. I actually enjoy us being able to discuss these things on here. I don't always hear to much like that, but I guess us beginners would find it helpful. I know though a lot of it is in the making of the blocks. I really enjoy Rhonda's method. I don't feel as lost with her method, and more in control.
    Last edited by JuneBillie; 06-04-2013 at 08:26 PM.
    "Sometimes it's OK
    if the only thing
    you did today
    was breathe."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast