Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rhonda's Quilt Block Swap for June 2013

I have picked out my quilt block for June. I don't want to say which, because last time I switched. lol... I am pretty sure though it will be the Rolling Stars Block as long as I have the fabric and colors that will be ok with my partner.
    JuneBillie - In memory of my dear mother June, and my dear mother in law Billie.
    I am thankful for this day My name - Susan

Can I join please
    "Our deeds determine us as much as we determine our deeds" George Eliot

Blog Entries
    Okay here we go with the list again! I hope you enjoy the swap!

1.berryberry
    2.JuneBillie
    3.Queenof2802

I received May block from berryberry today. Thank you! Very cute yellow and blue block ...My quilt is going to be really great when I get all these blocks put together.

I would like to be in the game again for June.

Blog Entries
    Okay here we go with the list again! I hope you enjoy the swap!

1.berryberry
    2.JuneBillie
    3.Queenof2802
    4.AlaskaAlice
    5.Stitchengramie

Hi everyone! Has anyone thought about your colors yet? I guess most are waiting until you get your swap partners name. I think I am getting anxious to decide on my colors. lol....
    JuneBillie - In memory of my dear mother June, and my dear mother in law Billie.

I am also paying a lot more attention to my 1/4 inch seams. These tiny pieces have a way of making me doing that. lol..I have already for this one been adjusting my machine for that, and I don't have the specific quarter inch foot, but I think I am going to order it soon. Very soon! I know most of you are probably very experienced piecers, and quilters, but I am a beginner so you will have to put up with all my zeal into this. lol...

Quote Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
    I am also paying a lot more attention to my 1/4 inch seams. These tiny pieces have a way of making me doing that. lol..I have already for this one been adjusting my machine for that, and I don't have the specific quarter inch foot, but I think I am going to order it soon. Very soon! I know most of you are probably very experienced piecers, and quilters, but I am a beginner so you will have to put up with all my zeal into this. lol...
    I'm a beginner too. I find this swap helps me work on my skills. This is my second month in this swap. One of the things I learned in last month's swap is color contrast. I did a light blue with large yellow flowers, light blue with little yellow flowers, solid yellow and yellow with blue flowers. It was okay but my swap partner did a blue with purple and green, a dark purple, a solid green and then a pale yellow. With the size of the blocks, the one multi color fabric and then 3 solids I really liked. I'll learn.

I'm waiting until I have a chance to find out what/ if any particular colors or style fabric my swap buddy prefers. I did already pick out which of the Rhonda's blocks I'm going to make. Each month I want to make a different one to work on my skills.
    Last edited by berryberry; 06-04-2013 at 06:26 PM.

Yes that is exactly what I am going to do to berryberry as far as a different block each time. I am having to learn the contrast too. Hopefully, we will see more pictures soon too. I also ran into the problem of a nest when getting to the middle seams. I read some about them, but still not quite sure what to do. I have been pressing my seams open. I actually enjoy us being able to discuss these things on here. I don't always hear to much like that, but I guess us beginners would find it helpful. I know though a lot of it is in the making of the blocks. I really enjoy Rhonda's method. I don't feel as lost with her method, and more in control.
    Last edited by JuneBillie; 06-04-2013 at 08:26 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast