View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 06:24 PM
berryberry

Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
I am also paying a lot more attention to my 1/4 inch seams. These tiny pieces have a way of making me doing that. lol..I have already for this one been adjusting my machine for that, and I don't have the specific quarter inch foot, but I think I am going to order it soon. Very soon! I know most of you are probably very experienced piecers, and quilters, but I am a beginner so you will have to put up with all my zeal into this. lol...
I'm a beginner too. I find this swap helps me work on my skills. This is my second month in this swap. One of the things I learned in last month's swap is color contrast. I did a light blue with large yellow flowers, light blue with little yellow flowers, solid yellow and yellow with blue flowers. It was okay but my swap partner did a blue with purple and green, a dark purple, a solid green and then a pale yellow. With the size of the blocks, the one multi color fabric and then 3 solids I really liked. I'll learn.

I'm waiting until I have a chance to find out what/ if any particular colors or style fabric my swap buddy prefers. I did already pick out which of the Rhonda's blocks I'm going to make. Each month I want to make a different one to work on my skills.

Last edited by berryberry; 06-04-2013 at 06:26 PM.