Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #7

Phew, it's been a very productive day on this part of the east coast. I have all but one block left to make for Peggiszo's row, then a bit of appliqueing to do.

Just don't know how I am going to take a photo of the rows- the thing is a monster.

best,
    d
    My best is the least I can do.
    Mug Rug #2 Swap
    Monthly Quilting Bee Block Swap VIII- My theme is any block of kiwi greens, tangerine oranges, and a smidge of deep turquoise and dark chocolate browns.
    2012-2013 Row by Row-Groups 6 & 7 ... 2011-2012 Quilt for Quilters Swap

Blog Entries
    You can just photo your row. We can look back at the others if ya want.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Hi all,
    I had to fight the urge to set this row differently from the rest. Peggiszo asked for all blocks and these are what I came up with.

None of the appliqueing is yet done, and the second of the nine patch/pp block isn't quite finished -3/4. I will be embroidering legs for the birds.

I'm not sure if I will be adding applique pieces to the two nine patch/pp blocks or not - it would be an opportunity to add a spot of color . I want to see what the tops looks when I have all the blocks laid out. I feel this top needs a place for the eyes to rest and maybe leaving the two side blocks plain, without applique, may help with that.

I'll post all the rows together when I complete mine.

best,
    d
    Name:  Dolphin Applique Block.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  162.8 KBName:  PP _ Nine Patch Block.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  169.6 KBName:  Beach Applique Block.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  140.2 KBName:  Shore birds Applique Block.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  159.6 KB
    Mug Rug #2 Swap
    Monthly Quilting Bee Block Swap VIII- My theme is any block of kiwi greens, tangerine oranges, and a smidge of deep turquoise and dark chocolate browns.

Beautiful! I really like the piecing and applique. The combo of both in one block is very nice.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    I love those birds. Great idea to put the applique on pieced blocks. I may borrow that one for the future.

Blog Entries
    Here is my round robin. It is a photo where I am putting on the next round of applique I added extra. Can't find photo of other and it is stored away on high shelf so I can photo it again for you. Name:  IMG_0164.JPG
Views: 125
Size:  310.3 KB

Blog Entries
    Hello gals, did the rows get transferred over? Row three should be finished with all the row robins. Shipping for April 1 is for the fourth row to be done. So if you have a row that you are adding #4 to then you are all current and no need to panic. The fourth row will be due to be shipped on June 1. I am sure if you announce you want to mail early, it will be fine with the next person.

Blog Entries
    All row #3s should be mailed today. Please let me know if there are any issues.

Hi all,
    First, I mailed Beth's safari quilt on to Babeyruth today. Beth, you have to show us a picture when that top gets completed.

Second, I finished Peggiszo's row today.

Er, make that, I thought I finished the row. When posting the photo, I realized my dolphin block is not in the correct position. Will get that fixed post haste.

I apologize that I couldn't do this showing with one picture. I recently lost my design wall space to a great quilt so that leaves me using our bed at the moment to lay out my projects.

This quilt top is really coming together. Peggy, I so hope you will post a photo to the group when you complete the quilt.

best,
    deb
    PS-I included a picture of the quilt take now hangs where my design wall used to be. I sent this quilt on to Quiltermomma for her magic with a L.A. She did a fantastic job!
    dName:  Peggiszo's Row finale 006.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  161.7 KBName:  Peggiszo's Row finale 003.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  147.7 KBName:  Peggiszo's Row finale 006.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  161.7 KBName:  Times Remembered 002.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  321.6 KB
    Mug Rug #2 Swap

Great job on Peggy's row Robin!!!! I love every aspect of the row you added.
    As for the quilt on the bottom, drool, what a yummy patterns and colors. I need to come over and get some training from you.
    Anna Quilts

Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 43 ... LastLast