Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #7 >

Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #7

Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #7

Old 04-22-2013, 03:21 PM
Power Poster

Cool

1948 Singer 128 up Oooooohhh do we get a picture of your new beauty too.

I really like vintage machines and do pretty much all my piecing/applique on them. (Bernina 830 vintage and "white" Feather Weight. I have several other or better lots of others and each of my other family members have their favorites. I now use my Janome 6500 (modern extended throat) mostly for quilting small quilts or fancy stitches. I am also learning to long arm and do donation quilts for hospice and Vietnam vets for another person who pieces them and hands them out. this is a wonderful arrangement as I love doing donation quilts but cost became prohibitive. She has people donate to her so she provides the needed materials/top and I quilt. she was just diagnosed with carpal tunnel so this helps her too. OK I am rambling. LOL So good to be back.

Last edited by Annaquilts; 04-22-2013 at 03:25 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:57 PM

Here she is with her face all washed. I am just doing the happy dance listening to her clackety-clackety-clacking away. Dh just smiles and nods at me when I for the umpteenth time in two days tell him how excited I am to finally have her up and running.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]409608[/ATTACH]

We picked her up sometime late last year for a mere $21 + tax. She was in a booth at one of the local antique barns we frequent. Saw her several times but always walked passed her. On this particular day, everything in the dealer's booth over $10 was 50% off; couldn't leave her there that day :-) And my dh is an enabler, too!

You can't see in the picture, but right behind her is sitting my modern machine - Yep, Anna, one more thing we have in common, a Janome 6500.

We actually have several old gals here, a 1882 Davis LAVF, a Willcox & Gibbs, 1925 128 with La Vencendora decals, a 1910 66 Lotus decals, 1920 66 Red Eye, ?1910 27 Sphinx, and a 1913 White Rotary. That doesn't count the beauties I had but sold, Goodrich B, Favorite (she was a pretty fiddle base), a couple of Red Eyes, and a 66 Tiffany. Plus, I gave away an old New Home with Mother of pearl.

So, you wanna come play?

best,
d
Attached Thumbnails singer-128-002.jpg  
Old 04-22-2013, 06:55 PM

Since you have the machines, we just need to bring our fabric and thread right? I am on my way now. Skip the wedding this weekend, sewing retreat at Whigrose's house.

I am so excited about your row Whigrose, I have ideas popping in my head that I have to write them down so they aren't forgotten since I can't work on it yet. DH is helping me think of some good ones as well. Now I am hoping that I don't do to many things on yours that I do nto leave any fun for Anna.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:56 PM

So Whigrose, you need to come over to my house and help me restore the Singer my mom got me for my birthday two years ago so I can start sewing with it and put my other sewing desk upstairs in the spare room and get my sewing room started there. You seem to be great at organizing those crafty places. I promise to clean up regularly.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:08 PM
Power Poster

Do I want to come and play? Ofcourse. Now how much fun would that be? I also want to play or watch Beth on her long arm. How far apart do the two of you live? LOL

Quote-So, you wanna come play?

best,
d
Old 04-23-2013, 08:47 AM

You can swing by my house first Anna, we can play on longarm for a day, I have five of my own quilts to get done, then we can take off to Deb's house across the country. ROAD TRIP!!!!!!

I think I have bothered Deb so much these last couple of days. I have been going thru lots of patterns to find what I am looking for. I have lots of ideas, and DH has lent his wisdom in as well, so it is going to be wonderful. Oh so anxious.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:30 AM
Power Poster

I need some longarm lessons desperately Beth.

OK I need to buckle down and work on babeyruth's row. I know what I want to make but can I do it? Beth knows what I am up to for that row and gave me a vote of confidence. If it works I think it will be perfect with the other rows. Having all the babeyruths fabrics already at my finger tips will get me off to a good start.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:55 AM

Anna,
I'm excited to see what you do for Babeyruth's row. That is the last one I have to do and already have in mind the design.

OT Side note**I was playing Cheeky's video for dd and her dog came over to the monitor and kept tipping his head side to side listening. We just love the 'Happy birthday chew".
Old 04-29-2013, 12:14 PM

I have the wall pasted with lots of ideas for Whigrose's row, now just to knuckle down myself. I have a doll quilt to do tonight, then later this week, after three blocks for another quilt to be done, I will get hers set in stone and completed. So whatever fabrics I need, I can pick up at the Buggy Barn on Saturday when I go shopping. Will be fun.

Anna, you can do it. The hardest part is the starting and you do nice work. It is going to look great!
Old 04-30-2013, 09:33 AM

OMG, Anna. Beth told me what you have planned for Babeyruth's row. (I made her tell me. I threatened to send in the night imps to fool with her machine tensions and hide all her threads.) Wowzers! She is one lucky lady.

You are so talented so don't for a moment think you need to panic. You can so do that.

Wow, wow, wow! I'm in awe of you.

best,
d
Any chance you could post photo of the rows (without yours) just so I can make sure I'm still on track with my idea.