Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 27 of 391 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 37 77 127 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryHouseQuilter View Post
    I'm thinking camo duct tape, the whole box....that way it will blend in with the tree and they won't be able to see it to fiddle with it before opening time....hehehe. Wonder if Wally World sells camo duct tape in bulk......
    love camo duct tape

I am Quilter Hear Me Roar...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ljs317 View Post
    Hey Grann of 6! When is the gingerbread house party this year? Last year remember when i tried to matchmake my daughter with your grandson who is an engineering student at Virginia Tech. ( I never told her about my efforts at matchmaking mostly because i failed at it) Well guess what? She registered at Penn State this year as an engineering student! Things that make you go hmmm. So just when is that gingerbread house party???????Hm hm
    I don't know when it will be. 2nd DGS is at Penn State Berks Campus this year as a freshman Business Major. Oldest DGS is a Junior at Virginia Tech and is in the Mining Engineering Program. He worked at a Quarry up in New York State for the summer and loved it. Still no GF as far as I know. He is more focused on school and maintains a very high GPA. I guess the 2 boys will come home on different days, and DSIL will probably have hunting trips planned with them. I won't know till they come home at Thanksgiving.

Blog Entries
    Grann,

I can understand about the no girlfriend and high GPA status.
    My youngest daughter is a Sophomore at Truman State and
    is doing a double major in Biology & Chemistry, she isn't in the
    least bit interested right now in a boyfriend as she has a heavy
    case load and is a 4.0 GPA student.

However SHE is the one I have to wait on for grandkids IF I am
    ever to have any, but that has to be AFTER she is finished with
    school.

Quote Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
    I don't know when it will be. 2nd DGS is at Penn State Berks Campus this year as a freshman Business Major. Oldest DGS is a Junior at Virginia Tech and is in the Mining Engineering Program. He worked at a Quarry up in New York State for the summer and loved it. Still no GF as far as I know. He is more focused on school and maintains a very high GPA. I guess the 2 boys will come home on different days, and DSIL will probably have hunting trips planned with them. I won't know till they come home at Thanksgiving.
    Louise - I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world . Also collect homemade pincushions, and sewing/quilting themed fabrics.

Well ~~ I now have both my feet dangling in the water as I sit down on the waters edge to hear the conversations around me. I know that Christmas is small around here, so the thought of getting something in the mail intrigues me. Although bribery is such a motativing tool . I'm kidding!!! LOL. But anyhows I'm getting closer to committing to come play.

Tricia
    http://tricia-ramblingsofaquilter.blogspot.com/
    Currently working on a "Flat Curtis" with boy child

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quercus Rubra View Post
    Well ~~ I now have both my feet dangling in the water as I sit down on the waters edge to hear the conversations around me. I know that Christmas is small around here, so the thought of getting something in the mail intrigues me. Although bribery is such a motativing tool . I'm kidding!!! LOL. But anyhows I'm getting closer to committing to come play.

Tricia
    C'mon!!! Don't be shy about it!!! This is the highlight of my Christmas! I have stopped gifting my family for various reasons, instead send quilts to charities in their names. I asked for no gifts from my family because they won't buy me what I want.....FABRIC! And I don't need any more doodads sitting around for the dogs to knock over (or dust). So this is the chance for us to get what we want, and for others to understand our obsession!

Blog Entries
    OBSESSION we have obsessions !!
    I am Quilter Hear Me Roar...

ob·ses·sion (b-sshn, b-)n.
    1. Compulsive preoccupation with a fixed idea or an unwanted feeling or emotion, often accompanied by symptoms of anxiety
    obsession [əbˈsɛʃən]
    n
    1. (Psychiatry)a persistent idea or impulse that continually forces its way into consciousness, often associated with anxiety and mental illness
    2. a persistent preoccupation, idea, or feeling
    3. the act of obsessing or the state of being obsessed

Yep - that about fits - keeps us up at night, everywhere we look we see quilt patterns, people relocate to the North Pole in hopes of getting quilting supplies, If our machine breaks (and we don't have a back-up) we are very anxious....
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨Count your blessings, not your problems. ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪

LOL...my back up machine has a back up...
    I don't get anxious....much!
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

Just signed up! can't wait!!!

Blog Entries
    Love the obsession explanation. I have a sewing machine in my bedroom, where my only TV is, so I can sew and watch TV. I have FOUR, yes four, sewing machines in the basement sewing studio. I also have a treadle and a hand crank machine for when a power failure occurs. I have TWO sergers, and only ONE long arm quilting machine, would have two if I had a room to put another one in. We won't even talk about fabric. Sometime I will post a pic of my closets. I also have several antique sewing machines that don't get used. So who said obsession?!?!?!

Let the Secret Santa begin......

Page 27 of 391 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 37 77 127 ... LastLast