Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: October Secret Pal Sign-Ups (Closes Sept 30, 2018) Come get a secret pal!

October Secret Pal Sign-Ups (Closes Sept 30, 2018) Come get a secret pal!

This is a monthly secret pal swap. There is a sign up every month, and you can
    Choose whether or not to participate each month. You will get a different partner each month, and the person you send to will be different than the person you receive from. Failure to send you package after signing up will be cause to be banned from all future swaps. Please do not sign up if you cannot fulfill your obligation. Have fun and be creative!

After receiving your Secret Pal’s details, go to work and put together a package with something you think your pal would like. There is a $15.00 limit on this swap that does not include what you have in your stash. (This does not include shipping) Most swappers do not mind like-new stash items. You will need to send me (HAV4Boys) a PM when mailing and receiving. This way I can keep my records straight. Also send a PM to your SP thanking them and leave feedback.

Please take pictures and post in group as everyone likes to see what you get.

Packages need to be mailed out by October 17th, this is a Firm deadline. All International mailings must be mailed by October 10th FIRM. If you know that you cannot mail by that date, Please Do Not Sign Up.

For international mailing it is very important that you mark your parcel as a 'Gift' on the Customs Declaration (there's a box you can check). Also, the value should be $10 only (even if you send diamond necklace). The person receiving the package is liable for Import Duty, Tax and a Handling fee. This can cost the person receiving as much as $40.

Padded envelopes are much cheaper to send compared to small boxes. These can be ordered free of charge from the USPS website.

You must have a phone # or email to sign up

Please fill out the questionnaire below and Private Message me your info by midnight September 30 to join the swap. Please do not use a prior month’s form as I have made changed to the form.

Screen Name:
    Address:
    City, State, Zip:
    Birthday (month and date)
    Do you have Allergies/Allergens?
    Favorite Color(s):
    Least favorite color(s):
    The fabric type/color I am looking for?
    Brand of sewing machine?
    Do you hand embroidery/have an embroidery machine?
    How long have you been sewing/quilting?
    Would you like to receive gently used items pertaining to quilting/sewing?
    Socks/Slippers/T-Shirts and what sizes?
    Body washes/Lotions/Organic bar soap?
    Magazine or patterns?
    Quilting Notions?
    Besides quilting what do you like to do?
    Do you like to read and if so what type?
    Would you like to receive candy/cookies/snacks/drinks?
    Do you have pets, if so what kind?
    Do you collect anything, if so what?
    Can you take a pic and post so we can see what you received?
    What do you want the most and what don’t you want?
    Tell your SP something about yourself to make it easier for them to purchase for you.

Can you mail international?
    Email address:
    Phone number:

Sign Ups will close September 30 and names will be sent out no later than October 2nd.

If your pal does not receive her/his package within a reasonable time I will need tracking information. If there is an exception on the mailing, you will need to inform me ASAP. No one enjoys not getting a package after they have sent one.

Have fun and be creative!
    Choose to focus your time, energy and conversation around people who inspire you, support you and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self.~Karen Salmansohn

Wanted to share I am going to be a grammy again in March. Here is a picture of my grandson Hyde. He is 18 months and will soon be a big brother. This picture was taken Wednesday when he was helping Gramps with the yard work.
    Name:  42171879_746930802318187_7975678157556547584_n.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  82.1 KB
    Choose to focus your time, energy and conversation around people who inspire you, support you and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self.~Karen Salmansohn

How exciting for you! He is very handsome!

i sent you a pm to sign me up.
    Collector of thimbles, owls and embroidery items.

Blog Entries
    I am in, sending PM!

Congratulations on the new coming grand baby. Grandchildren are the best.
    Anna Quilts

Congratulations on the news!

I would love to sign up for October and I submitted the form.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    Congratulations Hav4boys! I can’t wait to be a grandma. Someday....
    “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Will be sending my information in soon. Congratulations on the newest addition to your family. Your grandson is adorable. BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

I would like to join for this month! I took a few months off to Retire and move to South Florida! October is my favorite month, my birthday month! I did pm you, I have been doing this swap for 6 or 7 years!

Count me in this month! I sent you a PM!
    Mom to 2 Future Stitchers....Wife to One Great Hubby!
    "Once A Phi Sigma Sigma, Always A Phi Sigma Sigma!"

I wanna play!
    Please add me to the list.
    Will send info later.
    Linda ^i^

I'm in sending bio.
    Vontina Collick

"If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward" -Dr. Martin L. King, Jr.

Hav4, that is the Most beautiful boy! LOVE the blue eyes. Both my children were born with brown, so I am always envious of those with blue.

Of course if I EVER GET A GRANDBABY (ugh the wait!) I'll take purple and polka dotted eyes. Wouldn't care!

Congrats!

My September package came in!

My package came in after a lengthy trip across the pond all the way from Great Britain! Look at all the goodies from Carolinepaj. Thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Anna Quilts

Very nice package Annaquilts.

Housekeeping note: PLEASE mail on time and let me know when you send and when you receive. PLEASE thank your secret pal so they know you received the package. Positive feedback is always appreciated. I love hosting the swap and it makes it so much easier if everyone sends me a PM so I can keep track.

How is everyone? Anyone have an suggestions on ways to improve the swap? If you do, feel free to send me a PM. I am always up for making things better.

Love the holiday times and making packages for my secret pal. I have started making an item for my lucky secret pal this month.

Blog Entries
    Lucky... I hope it’s me!

By the way (and I’m not saying this just to try and suck up) I really appreciate how you’ve Asked for suggestions to improve the swap. I think you’re doing a wonderful job with it and that is just icing on the cake as far as I’m concerned. Thank you!
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

I am having a grandson. Hendrix Dylan is expected round about March 14, 2019.

Thank you Pam. I want everyone to know I am up for suggestions. This month was rough, as I do not like having to hound people, and I felt like I have had to. We still have one person with no gift and no reply from the sender.

Hav4: hosting isn't as easy as some would think. Some of the players are beyond rule followers, and others just think you should be able to keep things straight in your head. As a full-time worker, and getting older every day, that isn't always as easy as we'd like to think (and you are doing great by the way. If you need to hound....hound!)

One thing that I think would be nice, is a note. My last secret pal asked for me to write her a letter to tell her about myself. What I like to do, what my family is like, etc. As I wrote the note, I thought...wow, it would be really great to do this for everyone! How nice it would be to actually feel as though we are getting to know our swapping partners.

Just a thought, since you asked Or....as I like to say....there's my $.02, and it is really only worth about half of that! LOL

Not sure I'll have the time this month, but I'll be lurking around for another chance

What a fantastic idea... it is nice to get to know one another. I know when I get a SP, I look at their profile and try to personalize their gift. Be awesome to actually get to know one another.

I work a beyond full time job. I work for the Department of Finance for the state of CA. I am a fiscal policy adviser to the Administration on CHP and energy policy. I work 40-60 hours a week. I chose how I want to spend my time very carefully. I try to stay positive, but when a commitment is not filled and another suffers, it really gets to me.

We will work together to make this a wonderful swap. I am loving getting to know each and every one of you.

I want to share how I pick my secret pal for me. I get all the names of those I have not had in the last 12 months and pick a name out of a hat. I thought that was the fairest way. Sometimes i read a sign-up sheet and think, I want this one. I never let myself hand pick. It is random for me, just like it is for the rest of you.

Have a fantastic day all.

Blog Entries
    Great idea Red!
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

Blog Entries
    Really cute & a big help I'm sure.
    Sending info for swap
    catherine antone

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Can you tell me why when you want things done you always seem to ask the busiest person? I think that it's because you know that it will get done.
    hav4 boys, you have gone above what you need to do and I thank you, (you know what I mean).
    I hope that everyone keeps playing by the rules and continues to have fun. Red I think that you have a wonderful idea. This board is my second family and I would love to get to know all of you better. I look forward to getting a package every month no matter what it contains. GOD bless you all. BrendaK
    Last edited by BrendaK; 09-29-2018 at 02:11 AM.
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast