Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012 >

Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012

Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012

Old 10-05-2012, 02:04 PM

Got my name while still on vacation in Spain, so I managed to get her a couple of Spanish gifts, including something she collects. When I add a couple of local things, the parcel will be Spottish
Old 10-05-2012, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Pat625 View Post
NO PEEKING!!! Just finished making something for my SS!! And started another project!! Having a blast with this!! Shopping this weekend to hopefully finish it off..Won't ship it out tho in case I think of anything else!! Anyone tell me what is the best way to ship???

2. ALL packages MUST have a DELIVERY CONFIRMATION when sent. Last year there were too many packages that were sent late and a few that were not received. With a Delivery Confirmation, the package can be somewhat tracked when received. If the receiver HAS NOT received their package from you and you said you sent it, you will be required to PROVE your sending with a copy of the mail receipt showing such. The mail receipt will show that you paid for the Delivery Confirmation, along with the zip code that the package was shipped to.

So, DO NOT toss the receipt or the Deliveryy Confirmation slip away UNTIL YOU HEAR THAT YOUR PERSON HAS RECEIVED THEIR PACKAGE!
Old 10-05-2012, 03:02 PM

you can put delivery confirmation on nearly everything package-wise, except international. But you do get some proof of sending when you do international, just can't track it. Priority mail is a fast, and middle of the road in pricing method. Express is super fast and super expensive, ground is super slow and cheap.. heheh.. so you don't necessarily have to use the priority box, but you should check the weight/dimensions/distance and see what it would be with a normal box, vs what it would be with the priority box if you are tight for money. Sometimes it's a lot cheaper if it's not going far and isn't very heavy, to use a normal box.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
you can put delivery confirmation on nearly everything package-wise, except international. But you do get some proof of sending when you do international, just can't track it. Priority mail is a fast, and middle of the road in pricing method. Express is super fast and super expensive, ground is super slow and cheap.. heheh.. so you don't necessarily have to use the priority box, but you should check the weight/dimensions/distance and see what it would be with a normal box, vs what it would be with the priority box if you are tight for money. Sometimes it's a lot cheaper if it's not going far and isn't very heavy, to use a normal box.
this was what I was asking about...probably use priority mail, since they have the boxes already. ...Will have to wait until I finish shopping and making first to see what size box I will need...
Old 10-05-2012, 03:19 PM

Well, today I went to the PO to mail a package. I asked her the diff in cost between priority and parcel post. There was $8 difference, and only 2 days difference. So I opted for the cheaper rate. I love the priority boxes for shipping anything fabric related because fabric items are heavy, and it is amazing how much I can pack into a large flat rate box. I am packing my box as I go along and will decide what all to put into it based on how much room I have left in the box.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
and a massage!!
Thats what I want Santa - sent me a Massage Therapist. If he won't get in a box then just send me a gift certificate!!
Now wouldn't that be nice!!
Old 10-05-2012, 03:28 PM

Wow! That's really good to know! I think my name is one of them. This will be interesting.....I might need lots of help for more ideas.
Originally Posted by Tink's Mom View Post
I think there are a couple of men in this group...poor guys. We really don't bite...well, I can't vouch for a couple of us.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:41 PM

Jingle bells, santa smells
dead fish all the way
oh what fun it is to ride
in a one horse open sleigh.

Bells on bob tails ring
and boy those bees sure do sting
what fun it is to laugh & sing
a sleighing song toniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggg ggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttt.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:18 PM

Vanogay, I am so sorry to hear about your accident. Ouch!!!!! Gentle hugs and wishes for a speedy recovery.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:36 PM

[QUOTE=mdall;5564323]okay, evidentally my partner doesnt post much. Still need info in order to make the box from santa really special.

Stitchingpost, please send your PI's this way so I can get some info on my partner.LOL[/QUOTE. Mdall u know her think bout it,she s in chat room allllllllll the time,has 3 little letters in her name,and has a sweetheart of a mom,yeap u guess it!!!!!!!!!_!! She can do it,she did mine lololololy