Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST >

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Old 12-25-2015, 07:21 AM

It's Christmas morning! Merry Christmas to all those that celebrate Christmas and Happy Holidays to those that don't.
Old 12-26-2015, 09:56 AM

Thanks, DebbieS. Too bad you can't post a picture. ((I was pretty proud of that tablerunner)). Glad you liked everything. I did read through the thread and read that you received your package. All is good.

I opened my package this morning ((I worked yesterday)) and received many wonderful goodies from Sewflower (Kathy).

~
[ATTACH=CONFIG]538793[/ATTACH]

Thank you, Kathy! Everything is amazing! I can tell you enjoy wrapping gifts. Each and every little thing, including the adorable thimble was wrapped. I enjoyed opening each package and smiled every time.

I also received a music 'box' that looks like a replica of a Featherweight 221. Lovely (my FW) will be a bit jealous but she'll just have to get over it, won't she??

Thanks again, Kathy. I will certainly enjoy using everything you sent.

Merry Christmas to everyone.
Attached Thumbnails ss1.jpg   ss2.jpg  
Old 12-27-2015, 08:00 AM

Glad you like your gifts I had fun shopping for you
Old 12-27-2015, 02:13 PM

Hope every one had a great Christmas! Ours has finally finished, my DH's sister was up yesterday for our celebration. First time she was able to spend a holiday with us, she had been living out on the east coast. Time to open a my naughty package.

Wanted to let the rest of the group in on a secret that Sandy AKA Stashmaker and I have been having fun with.

The original gift she sent me way in advance of our opening decided to take the scenic route. Sandy mailed it on the 12th of November before they needed to be mailed, it started its journey and made to the big city of Saint Paul on Monday the 16th, which should have gotten to my door by Wednesday the 18th.

Ahhh but no this little package wants to see the sights. Despite the address on the label being totally correct (she even put a second label inside I didn't even do that) the postmaster some where along the line told the little tracking number it wants to go to Eyota MN??? I had to look up where this little town was,( yes little ) population just over 2000 people. I think it made it but the tracking just said out for delivery to destination post office. Over the weeks the date changes but it still said it was on its way. I wasn't too worried. Sandy was concerned so she send me a second package which she did not have to do. (I opened that one on our opening date.) I knew that the little wayward package would find its way to me or back home to Sandy. Then in December on the 12th it said it got to Minneapolis Yea!

Well that is a little closer than Eyota but still not Prior Lake. You need to remember Minneapolis and Saint Paul are called the twin cities because they are close! So where did it spend its time between the 16th of November and the 12th of December???

My little package spent the night in Minneapolis then went back to St. Paul for a few more days. Not sure why be this little guy wanted to see the sight. A few days ago I checked on it and it's still saying "Your item departed our USPS destination facility in SAINT PAUL" so I know it's still somewhere.

Yesterday when we got back from taking my SIL to the mall for some exercise guess what is on my step!!!! Yes that naughty little package!!! It finally made it's way here. Of course the notice on the web site still says "The package is delayed and will not be delivered by the expected delivery date. An updated delivery date will be provided when available. Your item departed our USPS destination facility in SAINT PAUL"

Sandy told me to go ahead and open the first wayward package and it think I know why it wanted to fly around!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]538898[/ATTACH]
I receive another cute box to keep things in!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]538899[/ATTACH]
I got some lovely fabric with birds! They wanted to fly!!! My 4 FQ are nicely matched, I have a few ideas what I want to do with them. A gorgeous yard of green batik, some really neat post-it arrows. (Hints for the Hubby!!) A second infinity no the 1st scarf. (For when I forget the other one at the office!) Some book marks, love to read. Not one but two calendars one for my purse and one is already in the sewing room. A pin magnet (love magnets found out they are great on my old sewing machine its a Montgomery Wards!) This one I will leave in my take along box.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]538900[/ATTACH]
Some cocoa I'll probably bring that to work, a chalk marker this one in white. A neat jar flower, I use my canning jars for storage so this will add decoration this summer to my kitchen. A nail file, and more of the great Malleys chocolate!!! I have been only eating a little at a time of the first bar, wanted to make it last! Now I should be able to have some thru February. This is sooooo rich and dark, its great with coffee or wine. Thank you Sandy!!! Sorry the box wanted to see the sights!
If I forgot anything sorry, but thank you again for a wonderful Santa exchange.
Attached Thumbnails dsci3776.jpg   dsci3777.jpg   dsci3779.jpg  
Old 12-27-2015, 05:01 PM

How ridiculous, glad it finally made it to Prior Lake.

Terri from Minneapolis
Old 12-28-2015, 04:24 AM

was an interesting Journey for your box Dedemac, I enjoyed reading about its travels
Old 12-29-2015, 11:43 AM

Received a gift certificate in our exchange from Happy Lab. Ordered backs for kids charity quilts. Thanks Habby Lab, 4 kids will be mighty happy

[ATTACH=CONFIG]539011[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg