Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST >

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Old 10-27-2015, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
Question: Just to make it a little interesting all over again. I know some are done, but that's ok, you can still answer.
Do you like table runners? Do you like table toppers? Which do you prefer?
Susan, I love both & they're used places besides on my table. I have them on my piano, buffet, desk hutch, chest of drawers, etc. If I had more I'd put them on pieces that aren't covered already. When I'm gone no one is gonna admire my "like-new" items I had saved; they're all being used & loved!
Old 10-27-2015, 05:04 PM

Hope the person who receives my gift doesn't mind that everything is in ziplock baggies. Found that it keeps items from being ruined in transport. Living in a small town sometimes makes it hard to find items to put in the box. Almost ready to ship!!
Old 10-27-2015, 05:43 PM

I got my package a couple days ago...others may say it's torture getting package so long before opening day, but not me this year...when things get me down as life has been hard right now with hubby's health, I just look at my nice package & SMILE...thank you SS!
Old 10-27-2015, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by shortmom5 View Post
Hope the person who receives my gift doesn't mind that everything is in ziplock baggies. Found that it keeps items from being ruined in transport. Living in a small town sometimes makes it hard to find items to put in the box. Almost ready to ship!!
I don't mind. Go ahead and send it to me.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:46 PM

I do occassionally use runner on buffet cabinet. Usuallly the one mfay made me one year... I make them mostly for the craft booth. They sell well........
Old 10-27-2015, 07:00 PM

I must chime in again!! Yes, I love table runners & topper's. My table is round. I also don't mind if my gifts are in ziplock bags. It will keep them safer during transit, that's for sure. All I am looking forward to, is getting my SS package & hoping that my person will post when she gets hers in return!! Let the FUN continue everyone.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:56 AM

Default Package received

Originally Posted by SulaBug View Post
I must chime in again!! Yes, I love table runners & topper's. My table is round. I also don't mind if my gifts are in ziplock bags. It will keep them safer during transit, that's for sure. All I am looking forward to, is getting my SS package & hoping that my person will post when she gets hers in return!! Let the FUN continue everyone.
Got my package on Monday-my neighbor brought it to me-mailman was in a hurry. Can't resist opening so I'm putting it in closet to reduce the temptation. Mine will go out next week-just finishing the homemade things. She only asked for one thing and I got that covered. I have been watching the board but she hasn't posted at all. I will put some other goodies in anyway. This is so much fun. If I go to the hole I hope they have ice cream.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:47 AM

Quilty-Lousie have you tried H2O gone? Walmart use to carry it, has a fiber in it and really holds up good.

[QUOTE=Quilty-Louise;7356863]Yes FSL (free standing lace) is made using water soluble stabilizer.

I personally use the kind that looks more like a fabric (Floriani or pellon),
and 2 or 3 layers (depending on the stitch count.

QB gets finicky at times I think.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:50 AM

Table runners and Table Toppers I do not use I do use Placemats though which I made with left over fabric to match my chair cushions when Dh and I redid them
Old 10-28-2015, 06:59 AM

Ok to the SS who has my name something I really really would love to have is a quilting wallhanging that is funny. I have seen so many of them but when I ask where they got the pattern from they don't remember. Actually I would love for my avatar to be a wall hanging. Not sure on how to go about turning that into one though. Just a thought for my SS

verna2197