Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!!  Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd >

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Old 10-20-2014, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by CookyIN View Post
Hmmm... is it me? I thought I listed quite a bit, but maybe...
No, Cooky..it is me. I didn't list a lot because I like everything!!!!
Old 10-20-2014, 05:32 PM

Hi all, Sorry for not posting more however health and home issues have been in the way. I have my name and ohhhh this is going to be sooooooooooooo much fun. As for me? Well I'm a tad tickey! I dislike green especially drab olive green for which I have reasons. As for reading I have no time for that but when I do it is always books. Don't have all those new gadgets. I'm a big time quilter but I don't do applique. That has found the circular file so many times that I have given up on it. I do paper piecing, regular piecing and I try to think outside the box so always like new ideas. I do table runners and I do have an embroidery machine that I'm still learning and of course I already want a bigger one. Always looking for 1 gig flash drives for it. Been trying to diet but with the holidays coming the diet is going for a walk instead of me. Love both dark and milk chocolate. Reeces PB cups are a fav. I also make jewelry and do counted cross stitch. I'm limited on that due to eyes but I still do it. I've really been getting more into batiks recently but the light ones are more difficult to find. As for scraps and fat quarters you never have enough of those. Also love the white and black honey buns. They are hard to find and can only find them on-line. Our shops are difficult and don't carry tons of stuff. I'm always running out of white on white fabric and solids. Okay I think I'm getting carried away here. Oh love coffee. No hard nuts as I can't digest those not an allergy just problems chewing them.

Last edited by sew diva; 10-20-2014 at 05:35 PM. Reason: forgot a couple of things
Old 10-20-2014, 05:38 PM

I forgot to add that I do like pastels and brights. Autumn fabrics okay but don't do seasonal stuff. I don't do country well either as my stash is not geared towards that. Okay this is really it. LOL!!! Oh heck just send me all your fabric and I'll use it I promise. LOL
Old 10-20-2014, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by grammyj View Post
Thanks every one for your prayers for my husband and I.The cancer has come back and has spread now to his bones.he's been on a new medicin (very expensive) but I can't see that it's helped any.It's in God's hands.
GrammyJ, I found out yesterday morning that my mother's cancer has come back as well, and that is what caused all of the blood clots that landed her in the hospital. Don't know if it is new ovarian or breast cancer that came back and has moved, will know more when the rest of the scans are in. She's been stuck in the hospital for 11 days, and is more than ready to come home! Will pray for your husband. This is the third time we've been through this in my family (Mom in 2003, Dad in 2013, and now Mom again) so I have to have genetic testing and other things.

Going to work in the evenings to get my homemade stuff done so I can get my box off to my Santee before we start the chemo regime! Clue: My partner lives somewhere in the same region I do!
Old 10-20-2014, 07:27 PM

Quiltindragon, I am adding you and your mom to the list of folks that are in my prayers. The things I considered heavy burdens in this life are mere inconveniences compared to the adversity some are going through. Cyber Hugs to you both.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by sew diva View Post
Oh heck just send me all your fabric and I'll use it I promise.
Since this surely applies to everyone here, I've embroidered and framed it. It now hangs above the fireplace (where "normal" folks might display the sentiment Home Sweet Home) in the hole for all to enjoy.

The fireplace is a new addition to the hole, all the better for enjoying our libations on these chilly evenings. Cabana boy and the butler will be tending it. I've already talked to them about having a Yule Log blazing during Opening Day.

Now, who wants to join me fireside for coffee with a splash of coconut rum?
Old 10-21-2014, 03:59 AM

make sure you PM me your answers. Sometimes I don't always see the answers on here and you don't want me to overlook you just in case you may have the answer right.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
I live in a very, very small town!!! It's MEEEEEEEE!
No No it's meeeeeee! I live in a little Podunk!
Old 10-21-2014, 09:15 AM

Just spent the last couple of hours getting caught up. My prayers and thoughts are going out to all of you that are suffering illnesses and bad news about their families and friends.
I have a couple of things to finish up with and my ss box will be finished. All the gifts that have been posted are all so nice. I have made a couple of things, pot holders and a mug rug. There are a couple of other things I would like her to have, if I have the time I will make them also.
Did I mention that my ss receiver is west of me? Hmmm, maybe northwest, guess I'll have to look again. Been too busy to visit the hole lately, be glad when I can take the time to relax. That fireplace sounds so inviting.
Well, nice chatting, my sewing room is calling..................
Old 10-21-2014, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingdragon View Post
GrammyJ, I found out yesterday morning that my mother's cancer has come back as well, and that is what caused all of the blood clots that landed her in the hospital. Don't know if it is new ovarian or breast cancer that came back and has moved, will know more when the rest of the scans are in. She's been stuck in the hospital for 11 days, and is more than ready to come home! Will pray for your husband. This is the third time we've been through this in my family (Mom in 2003, Dad in 2013, and now Mom again) so I have to have genetic testing and other things.

Going to work in the evenings to get my homemade stuff done so I can get my box off to my Santee before we start the chemo regime! Clue: My partner lives somewhere in the same region I do!
Quiltingdragon, you and your mom will be in my prayers, as well. {{{{{{{ hugs }}}}}}}