Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 31 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: September Mini Quilt Swap

September Mini Quilt Swap

September Mini Quilt Swap

theme “Changing Seasons”

Sign-ups close September 1, 2014

For this swap we will be making miniature quilts. The suggested size is 6-18 inches or anywhere in between, finished. Square, round, rectangle, hexi, it’s up to you.
    (If you and your partner decide to go slightly bigger, that is up to the two of you)

The theme is “Changing Seasons!”
    either your literal interpretation or just the color way you choose.
    The little quilt must have a top, batting and backing and must be bound. You can use any method you wish to fashion the top, piecing, appliqué, whole cloth, thread painting etc.

This will be a partnered swap. Each partner will make a mini quilt for the other.
    (Partners cannot impose requirements or expectations upon each other.)

Please PM tlambing by Monday, September 1st to sign up. I will then match up names and get them out to you by the evening of September 2nd. You will have until September 30 th to mail your tiny quilt to your partner. This is a FIRM DEADLINE!
    Please don’t sign up unless you can commit fully to this deadline.

Please pm the following info to tlambing if you wish to join us:

Board name:
    Phone # :
    (this will not be given to your partner, this is for my use only in the event that a problem should arise)
    Do you have any allergies:
    Do you have any allergens (cats, dogs, smoker etc.)
    Can you ship internationally:
    Do you have the ability to post pictures:

As soon as names are given, please contact your partner right away.
    Please contact me asap if you are having trouble getting in contact.
    Please continue to post on the thread throughout the swap. Let everyone know of your progress, post sneak peeks and encourage other swappers It’s so much fun seeing everyones progress and sharing in our quilting friendship.

Any swapper that fails to follow through and does not contact me and their partner will be banned from any of my future swaps and will receive bad (swap)feedback. I know that sometimes things happen that are out of our control, I certainly would take this into consideration, but you MUST COMMUNICATE.

****Please make sure to read the general rules that apply to all swaps here on the quilting board****

I am required to insist that participants send me, tlambing, at least 1 PM during this month long swap to verify that they are still active in this swap and are working on their promised project.

I am required to insist that participants notify me, tlambing as soon as they have finished their quilt and are ready to mail it.

Once I have received notice that both partners are ready to mail, I will send each of you a pm to let you know it’s time to mail.

I am required to insist that all participants send me, tlambing verification of shipment, including tracking information.

Participants are required to insure that packages will not arrive “postage due”

Any and all other fees, such as import duties, taxes, etc imposed by the recipients government are the sole responsibility of the recipient.

Absent legitimate and reported mitigating circumstances, participants who have not fulfilled their obligation to ship by September 30th shall be deemed as “late” and risk receiving Negative (swap) feedback.

Please keep in touch with me and your partner as required. Please let me know right away if something happens that will interfere with your ability to complete your project on time.

Swappers should treat each other as friends and focus on the fun. So…please be prepared to be flexible, patient and understanding if necessary and appropriate.
    "will you pay attention to me now?" ~Frankie~

Oh boy! I'm in!! And I already have a design in mind! "Changing Seasons" is a great theme to launch some cool ideas!
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read -- Groucho Marx

I'm in again too, and I especially like this theme/colors that we can use.
    JuneBillie - In memory of my dear mother June, and my dear mother in law Billie.
    I am thankful for this day My name - Susan

Blog Entries
    I would love to join the mini quilt group again however I still have a couple other time line projects to finish before I can sign up and join the fun. Until then I will continue to watch all the lovely creations that you all make and share with the rest of us.
    Be good to yourself - do one thing each day that makes you smile.

Blog Entries
    I'm in, love the autumn colors. PM has been sent TL

I was looking at some minis last night using those colors, and there are so many pretty ways a person can go. I think it will get me ready for the 'changing seasons'.
    JuneBillie - In memory of my dear mother June, and my dear mother in law Billie.

Come on Kristine...it's just a tiny quilt

"Changing Seasons" is off to a good start, we already have 8 swappers!
    "will you pay attention to me now?" ~Frankie~

Please include me, I wouldn't miss this for anything!

Oh hell, add me too. What's another project?????????
    Karen
    in every darkness, there is a light.. in every struggle, there is a way.. in every faith, there is a hope♡

Signups for the January pincushion/needlecase swap are now open until December 31.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-pincushion-needlecase-swap-sign-ups-close-december-31-a-t258677.html#post7020122

Quote Originally Posted by klaws View Post
    Oh hell, add me too. What's another project?????????
    Karen that totally cracked me up...lol...

Page 1 of 31 1 2 11 ... LastLast