Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Mini Quilt Swap >

September Mini Quilt Swap

September Mini Quilt Swap

Old 09-08-2014, 03:33 AM

JuanitaBean and I will be able to mail this week! Woohoo! Love the sneak peak Juanita!
Old 09-08-2014, 07:36 AM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Cheesehead--it's done so anytime you want it mailed send me your address. Love jewel tones--thank you for picking them.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 09-08-2014, 08:54 AM

Ooooo, I like what I see!!! I still have the quilting to do on yours and then of course the binding. Hoping to finish that in the next few days and maybe we can mail out later this week.
Old 09-08-2014, 02:32 PM

Krisb,
That sneak peek is so tantalizing... I love the gold embellished leaves alongside the grapes (I think grapes??) And with the russet brown, just lovely!! What's funny, is I usually am not a "gold/gilded/metallic" gal. But the last couple of years I LOVE the metallics!
So, you can teach an old dog new tricks...
K
Old 09-08-2014, 04:27 PM
Power Poster

Letsquilt I have a confession to make right here in front of all. When we are not right at our post office when the lady or guy is there if expecting a package we can go later, and if anything like that came they leave a key in our private box that opens a numbered box outside on the entrance to the post office so all we have to do is open and get our package. Well, I decided to go later today, due to we have a water line problem with our water leaking somewhere so I was helping my husband with this some. There was no key left in my private box which I don't understand unless all those outside boxes were taken for today. I did get a paper saying there is a package.

The utility place said August's Bill will be 8 times higher than usual. So you see why we have been a bit busy. I even cancelled an appointment today due to this.

I apologize for not having my package to show tonight, and yes it shows it is delivered. I will go there tomorrow during the normal time, and make sure I get it.

Everyone expect some very pretty pictures tomorrow.

Susan- With my head hung low
Old 09-08-2014, 04:31 PM
Power Poster

Krisb that is a very pretty sneak peek. I see the gold too.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:13 PM

Susan,no worries! Sounds like you have had your hands full! It's just a quilt not water running!
You don't have to hang your head low!
Old 09-09-2014, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by klaws View Post
kiffie, do we have the same brother??? We also have the same weird sense of humor.
Weird sense of humor...moi??
Happy to meet you, "sis"! And yes, I absolutely have a very um, unique sense of humor...okay, weird, it's weird.
Regards,
A tongue in cheek Kif

Letsquilt,
You're so right! I know we all sign up for these swaps and definitely should fulfill our ends of the bargain so to speak. But I also know life happens, and if it's a person who has a "great track record" as a swapper, and it's still well within that swap timeframe, I think it's ok.

JuneBillie,
Please hold your head up and we'll all share a smile when you post pics of that wonderful mini Letsquilt sent you!

Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 09-09-2014 at 11:52 AM.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:11 PM

You gals are all great swappers! Don't worry at all about taking your time on finishing. The mail date is not until the 30th! Things come up, and we all work at own pace.
Besides, I don't want to be the last to mail this month
Hope your water problem is an easy fix JuneBillie.

Very pretty sneak peek Krisb! Can't wait to see the whole thing.

Kiff, if we weren't mortal enemies.... I think we'd get along very well! I have that sense of humor too!
Hope you having a great
vaca!

Teresa
Old 09-09-2014, 01:20 PM
Power Poster

Here is my beautiful mini from Letsquilt. Such pretty rich colors, with some batik and other using some log cabin style around the center block. She also sent a nice card, and included a pack of note cards with my first initial on the tops. Thank you so much Letsquilt/Pat.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]490888[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]490889[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]490890[/ATTACH] The quilting is also very pretty, but I didn't get it flat when I took this picture.
Attached Thumbnails 100_2212-small-.jpg   100_2216-small-.jpg   100_2213-small-.jpg