Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Sign Up for the June 2013 Quilting Board 46th Doll Quilt Swap! Red White and Blue >

Sign Up for the June 2013 Quilting Board 46th Doll Quilt Swap! Red White and Blue

Sign Up for the June 2013 Quilting Board 46th Doll Quilt Swap! Red White and Blue

Old 06-12-2013, 05:28 AM

My little firecracker is ready to be bound and packaged off to my partner. Today is so HOT, our first day of stinky humidity. The only thing to do is stay inside or get in water!
Old 06-12-2013, 05:43 AM

Bertie, Love your story about Rusty.

Yep, the Peach is called Mr. Peach, the Peach, Peacher, Peacharoo, etc.,etc. He comes when he wants something to eat otherwise he pays little attention unless a quilt is spread out. When that happens he is on it, in it or under it and at that point what I call him is not fit to print!!!
Old 06-12-2013, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by BertieD View Post
Sistahdebbra, you should have or be receiving your Red White and Blue soon! Or did I leave you speechless?
You left me speechless. I got it yesterday, can't wait to post to charm the group LOL. The pictorial fabric is also new to me, don't remember seeing anything like that during my buying spree. And love ALL the goodies.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by jillnjo View Post
My little firecracker is ready to be bound and packaged off to my partner. Today is so HOT, our first day of stinky humidity. The only thing to do is stay inside or get in water!
Oooooh " little firecracker" quilt! Can't wait to see what you came up with jillnjo!
Bertie you are amazing, can't wait to see what you made for Mamaskeeto! Your story about Rusty is so sweet.
We're getting to a really fun part when we start getting to see the quilts that come in!

Oh no Krystyna, Piper doesn't look like Daisy much at all. Pip is the one who is Daisy's long lost sister. We have three little brown terriers: Pip, Penny, and Piper. I'll post a pic so you can see the three together. And we also often have Olive our granddoggy too, like every day this week. That's her in the bandana. They are all really great dogs and love each other. I am a little dog crazy...LOL

Sharon, our Penny the silky terrier likes to get in quilts too. Does Mr. Peach also show too much enthusiasm when you try to make the bed? A cat in the sheets is always so funny. And Quilts seem to attract pets like magnets. Here Penny is in a quilt I was trying to bind.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  
Old 06-12-2013, 08:29 AM

Our son Sam hit a deer on the thruway last night. He is okay, thank God! The deer is not. His car is not, but it might be repairable. We're just really thanking God that Sam is fine! He said this was a bit of an awakening....he's not as infallible as he sometimes thinks. Caught a glimpse of his mortality.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:20 PM

Mailed my little red white and blue to my partner (paperpieceme) on Tuesday....should arrive the 13th.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:22 PM

Received my DQ from my partner today and it is beautiful and I love it!!!!!!!Thank You, Thank You, Thank you Omacookie!! I will post a picture tomorrow cause the battery is charging right now
Thanks Again
Kat
Old 06-12-2013, 03:34 PM

BuzzinBumble, I made a RWB for SistahDebbra; not Mamaskeeto. Penny looks like she's saying "you really want me to move?" Beautiful quilt by the way! I think it is Morettl (forgive me if I spelled that wrong) who collects roosters? The Fons and Porter quilt site has a kit that has Chanticleers on it for 50% off. It's not a real big quilt but pretty neat if you want to check it out. I have more kits in this house than I'll ever get made. I am a sucker for a sale and so I bought a few! Today I bought a Lil Twister ruler and made a small sized quilt that I will probably send to the dear lady who makes quilts for very sick kids, Vickey Stamps. (I sent two already but I think one of them may have stayed in AL which was ok with me) She said she needs 24-28" square or thereabouts and this one will be just about that size once I add borders. Looking forward to seeing everyone's RWB quilts for June!
Old 06-12-2013, 03:48 PM

BuzzinBumble, Olive seems to be saying "how come they get to sit on the couch and I have to stay outside?" She looks to be about the same size as the Basenji (mixed mutt whatever) that we have now. He looks like a dingo but has the sweetest face.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:15 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

OK, no sneak peeks. But I would like to order In advance no severe weather from July 19th through the 27th driving through Kentucky (Paducah), lengthwise through Illinois, kiddy corner across Wisconsin and up to Lake Vermilion. It's about 19 hours and will be alone, so want light overcast and no rain. And no rain while at the lake. Solar flares will be welcome.

Lara, have hit only one deer but it was on glare ice and it was pretty scary. The guy in the car with me took it home with him. Swear he aimed at them when he was driving just to get free meat.

Last edited by Krisb; 06-12-2013 at 04:19 PM.